Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Potty training

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:27 AM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this
How old were your kids when you potty trained them? Was it easy? What are some tips?
We have been having such a hard time trying to potty train our 2 year old boy!! Any help or advice is very welcomed!!
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this
My son turned 2 in March and we are waiting until he's ready. Right now we are just getting him to sit on the potty when he's interested.
SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I had 2 ladies at my church, who I seeked advice from.

They both said " Let him be around kids who were potty trained".

Around 3, they just decide, the more you push it, the more they resits.

SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:57 AM

BUMP!

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

2 is on the young side, especially for boys. If he isn't showing signs of wanting to train, just tell him "That's ok," and wait a bit longer. If you try to force it, you'll get resistance. If you let him decide, it'll happen a lot sooner & easier.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
At 2.5 he decided to potty train himself. He hadn't been interested not long after he turned 2, so I let it go. He decided all by himself to use a tote I had in the shower, because I was cleaning it, as his urinal, since he was too short to stand and pee. When he had to poop he climbed up on the toilet and sat on his Thomas seat cover by himself as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcplaygroupie
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I never used pull ups, just underwear and a tshirt around the house when I had a few hours to devote to reminding and to clean up. Started around 18months, my son was done by 2, my daughter is in the process now. We also make a HUGE deal about it (song & dance) when they do use the potty, that seems to encourage them. :)
Dana_24
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Thanks for all the great advice ladies!!
I drive myself crazy sometimes especially with social networking it's hard not to compare your kids to your friends kids when their posting about all the things their kids are doing I think why isn't my son doing that yet.... I need to stop!! You ladies have made me feel better thanks!!
ajpuck
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I know how you feel right now. We are working on our 2.5 yr old girl. She wants to set in the potty. ..but not for very long. And we just brought home our second girl..She's 4 weeks old...but it's crazy when your feeding her and the 2 yr old says I have to potty...but then you take her and nothing.

Quoting Dana_24: Thanks for all the great advice ladies!!
I drive myself crazy sometimes especially with social networking it's hard not to compare your kids to your friends kids when their posting about all the things their kids are doing I think why isn't my son doing that yet.... I need to stop!! You ladies have made me feel better thanks!!
Dana_24
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Yea that's the type of situation I'm in I have a 2 year only 1 year old and 1 month old so I just don't have the time to be devoted to just his potty training.... Good luck to you hun!!

Quoting ajpuck: I know how you feel right now. We are working on our 2.5 yr old girl. She wants to set in the potty. ..but not for very long. And we just brought home our second girl..She's 4 weeks old...but it's crazy when your feeding her and the 2 yr old says I have to potty...but then you take her and nothing.

Quoting Dana_24: Thanks for all the great advice ladies!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)