Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby broken collar bone

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • 28 Replies
My 9 month old son has been in pain for 2 weeks now. When you hold him or pick him up by the arm pits he's squirms and crying in pain. When you touch the collar bone area he cries in pain. When in the car seat the strap across his chest. He will cry in pain till he's out of the seat or fall asleep.
He had an x ray done and everything seemed normal. So I'm just so confused what could be causing my child's pain.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM
How do you know he's in pain? What did the dr say?
Loreli2323
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM
He cries and the way he cries we know he's in pain. We can press just very softly on the clavicle area and he instant starts to cry and squirm away.
The doctor say he doesn't know why he's in pain. Because the X-ray shows it's normal. But we're going to see the doctor Monday first thing. The doctor didn't see him yet or do the X-ray. We went to a prompt care. And they took the X-ray yesterday. And said to call his doctor. He's also babying the arm. Not using in. Keeping it close to his body. But he will till crawl but he won't grab with it or reach things with that arm. So I'm just so confused. But I just want him to feel better.
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM

(hugs) I hope you get answers soon!

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Who did the x-ray?  His pediatrician?  I'd take him to an orthopedic pediatrician.  

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Out of socket? Pulled tendon? If the bone looked ok I'd guess it was a soft tissue issue
Loreli2323
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM
A prompt care took the x ray.
Loreli2323
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM
How would you see a soft tissue issue. And how would you treat it.
Thank you everyone for all the advice.
MusherMaggie
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Put the arm in a sling and tie another swath of fabric all the way around his chest. For extra support, a really small pillow or rolled up towel in the armpit. Infant ibuprofen as well.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

He needs to go to a doctor who can diagnose this. An orthopedic doctor?

I see that you are taking him to the doctor on Monday.  I can't imagine what a little guy like this would have.  Nobody lifted him by the arms? swung him around? Babies fall all the time without getting hurt, but I wonder if he landed and injured something. It sounds like a collar bone to me, but then I'm not in the med field.

Loreli2323
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:03 PM
The only incident that sticks out to me is a little over 3 weeks ago. He was in the crawling position and he got up on all fours and try to standup but instead of standing he fell over land on his shoulder. He cried after but started crawling again soon after. The pain has gotten worse over the weeks. The not using his arm as much has gotten worse too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)