Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

regarding home jobs?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
I would like to be a stay at home mom so i can take care of my newborn when he is born in october i have customer service experience worked in call centers etc. but because at this time transportation would be hard any ideas??? Thank you in advance.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Perhaps a company could hire you to call customers... check with doctor's offices,  car sales..

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I actually tried that in my area and got laughed at, most just were like, um, we don't do that. Click.

Quoting Bmat:

Perhaps a company could hire you to call customers... check with doctor's offices,  car sales..

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I have a couple rental homes that I care for that at times can keep my busy. I have a bad leg and it doesn't take much for it to start hurting so I'd love to find something legitimate I can do at home. I suck at sales, so it would have to be more customer service oriented, with benefits. Mission Impossible.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Well gosh. I am sorry you had that experience. That's discouraging. I know that used car place will "cold call."  There must be businesses that could pay a small wage for someone to do the customer routine calling. :(

Quoting FrankMamma:

I actually tried that in my area and got laughed at, most just were like, um, we don't do that. Click.

Quoting Bmat:

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

The benefits might be a problem, although the way there is telecommuting now, who knows. Would you be interested in babysitting, maybe? Of course this would mean carting more children around to appointments.

Quoting FrankMamma:

I have a couple rental homes that I care for that at times can keep my busy. I have a bad leg and it doesn't take much for it to start hurting so I'd love to find something legitimate I can do at home. I suck at sales, so it would have to be more customer service oriented, with benefits. Mission Impossible.

analys26
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Im looking for customer service as well i use to do sales but it can be hard.

Quoting FrankMamma:

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

There are businesses that cold call, and here call centers are huge. I'm not good with sales or outbound calling people. Those people bug me to no end when calling me so I don't want to do it to others.

Quoting Bmat:

Well gosh. I am sorry you had that experience. That's discouraging. I know that used car place will "cold call."  There must be businesses that could pay a small wage for someone to do the customer routine calling. :(

Quoting FrankMamma:

Quoting Bmat:

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM

with my leg issues it would be almost impossible to chase after kids all day every day. I do babysit for the little girl across the street when the parents are in a jam, and I can feel it the next day. I just have to keep searching, and searching and searching.

Quoting Bmat:

The benefits might be a problem, although the way there is telecommuting now, who knows. Would you be interested in babysitting, maybe? Of course this would mean carting more children around to appointments.

Quoting FrankMamma:

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the perfect solution ladies, and it's a niche that I think honestly needs filling. CM can hire us to do sales and/or customer service work, a live chat for members having issues making it work, etc.

Barb---are you out there? Can we make this happen?--with benefits please. In fact, I'd probably work for just benefits.--Nah.

analys26
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM
You really think so? im willing definitely.

Quoting FrankMamma:

I have the perfect solution ladies, and it's a niche that I think honestly needs filling. CM can hire us to do sales and/or customer service work, a live chat for members having issues making it work, etc.

Barb---are you out there? Can we make this happen?--with benefits please. In fact, I'd probably work for just benefits.--Nah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)