Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

any tips please. :/

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM
  • 9 Replies
My 13 month old still wakes up frequently through the night and I'm ready for her to sleep through the night. I'm still nursing and I feel that's why she wakes up still is because she knows,if she wakes up she gets attached to mommy. Friends and family say that it's time to just nurse her before bed and when she wakes up to just let her cry it out for a few days and she will get the idea.
I know my little is tired and she just wants to sleep but she is so use to being put back to sleep with nursing that now she doesn't know how to sleep on her own when she wakes up... she needs to be nursed back to sleep.
Any tips on getting her to fall asleep on her own. Letting her cry for long hours just seems so harsh. If it will get th job done I'll do it but I wish there was a more easier and softer way.
What should I do.....
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BmoreRavens
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
cjsix
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Let her nurse. She needs it,you said so yourself and trust me sooner than you think she will be done nursing and you will miss it. Yes,even the during the night nursings. I nursed all six of mine and they all were alllowed to wean on their own time. I know how tiring the night time nursing can be and I understand but,many times when they are waking and nursing it is a way of making sure they stay connected to Mom and a way of coping with all the new things they are trying to learn during the day.

sugarcrisp
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM

She needs you. This is completely normal and absolutely healthy for her.

Research CIO.

He's a great link for you with easy and in depth explanation and resources.

LINK

sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:54 AM
Rocking her in the rocking chair when she wakes? Have DH give her a bottle? GL hope you get rest . We did baby led weaning and co sleeping (safely) and it is tiring
mommy2smommy2
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I started letting dad sooth at night. Not only sooth but do the entire night time routine...bath, teeth, bed, book all of it. I think we think it will be harder than it is. BTW you are right, she shouldnt be waking up at night for milk. She needs to learn to self sooth. CIO in moderation is not bad...you are the parent not her!

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Crying it out works with most kids can you give her a bottle or sippy of water to sooth her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cshari2013
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM
She just wants her mama.
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I wish I had advice but sleep issues have always been my down fall. I can say this phase will pass.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I night weaned at 10 months with my youngest, 14 months with my middle...it took dh being home for a long weekend and being able to help her settle instead of having me there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)