Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Burned by iron

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

So What can I do for a burn froma iron on a finger?  I took a 5 min shower and for some reason kids decided to go into our room and grabbed the iron and my daughter finger got burned a bit its still hurting no idea how to hel it

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
happynewyorker
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Put some cold water or ice on it. If you use ice make sure to cover it before placing on.

Spread a thin layer of honey over the burn. Not only is it soothing, it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help speed healing, according to research reported in the New York Times.  Apply a sterile, non-stick bandage over the burn to protect it from the elements. Gauze works well if you have it. Take ibuprofen to help the swelling go down and relieve pain. You can also use an anti-inflammatory such as naproxen if you don't have ibuprofen

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM

You can run it under cold water if that helps.  As long as it doesn't get infected it will just heal on its own. 

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Run lots and lots and lots of cold water on it until it stops hurting. Keep repeating as necessary. If that doesn't work there's a product out there called Foille, it comes in a yellow box and the tube is also yellow. I used it when I burned my face once, a friend recommended it so I wouldn't scar. He was right. I keep some around for kitchen burns, etc. It soothes better than aloe for me. It's kind of hard to find though. I know our local Medicinne Shoppe sells it. You can do an online search for it before you set out for it. Put gauze over it to keep it from being smeared everywhere.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM
They make a burn ease cream
MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Mustard or a drop of Tea Tree Oil should help it.

Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

You can run it under cold water if that helps.  As long as it doesn't get infected it will just heal on its own. 

This 

ThisLife16309
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Thanks she did stsy in the bathroom for a while playing in cool water seemed to help the best atm but now I knoe some things tovtry if it happens again which I doubt but hey if I get burned by stovd or flat iron nevef know
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Egg white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN