Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you really do this?? Update at bottom....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 16 Replies

My husband says that he can can tell when I've been on his Facebook from his phone. I told him that that's impossible. I have his sign in info because he gave it to me. It stays signed in on both our phones. He knows this. He offered to share it with me.  Well, this morning he told me that he knows when I've been on it and I need to stay off it. I told him that means he has something to hide. Of course he says that's not true. Can you really tell when someone's been on your Facebook when you're mobile??

UPDATE: So Thursday while at SS's football practice husband gets a message on Facebook. It's from his ex before me and she's accusing him of something he didn't do. He messaged her to let her know that he had nothing to do with anything. He let's her know that I was the one home and who I was. He goes on and tells her that he loves her and blah blah blah. She tells him not to be saying that and not to call her baby. I give her kudos on that one. Well, yesterday he goes to pay the water and of course I'm home. I delete the notifications from Facebook that came to my phone without going onto Facebook. One of those notifications was the messages from the ex. I then go onto his Facebook and the messages were still in the inbox like normal. He comes home and they are gone. They disappeared between the only time I was on his Facebook whole he was out and he got home. I didn't delete them from his Facebook. I told him that it could be a glitch in the app because we've had this happen before and to just give it a few days. Well, now I'm starting to wonder if he deleted them because he's hiding something from me. 

I am a pro-life mommy that has one beautiful daughter. I live each day like it could be my last. I cherish every moment. I thank God for all my blessings. Have amazing friends that love me no matter what comes our way 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Yep I can see my DH all the time and he can see mine
notyethome1985
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM

That's because y'all have each others sign ins. But my husband says he knows when I've been on from his phone. I don't even look at the notifications or messages I just look at the news feed. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: Yep I can see my DH all the time and he can see mine

I am a pro-life mommy that has one beautiful daughter. I live each say like it could be my last. I cherish every moment. I thank God for all my blessings. Have amazing friends that love me no matter what comes our way 

pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Because what you look at. The first 10 posts are you usually most recent news feeds when she look at them they become old news feeds so theyget filtered and changed around
notyethome1985
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I understand that but his phone, a Droid X2, is always updating his Facebook news feed. The majority of the time I might not even be on his Facebook but just look at what comes through the HUB on my blackberry. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: Because what you look at. The first 10 posts are you usually most recent news feeds when she look at them they become old news feeds so theyget filtered and changed around

I am a pro-life mommy that has one beautiful daughter. I live each say like it could be my last. I cherish every moment. I thank God for all my blessings. Have amazing friends that love me no matter what comes our way 

pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM
it still filters the news feeds. It dose on our cuz I can look on a computer at his and then when he looks on his phone it totally changes the feeds

Quoting notyethome1985:

I understand that but his phone, a Droid X2, is always updating his Facebook news feed. The majority of the time I might not even be on his Facebook but just look at what comes through the HUB on my blackberry. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: Because what you look at. The first 10 posts are you usually most recent news feeds when she look at them they become old news feeds so theyget filtered and changed around

notyethome1985
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Would it still do that if I just delete what comes through the HUB without actually looking at it. I know if I do that it still shows those notifications on his page as new. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: it still filters the news feeds. It dose on our cuz I can look on a computer at his and then when he looks on his phone it totally changes the feeds
Quoting notyethome1985:

vwd_johnson
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Its possible too that theirs a button on his phone that shows the last 5 activities done on the phone. Mine does. I press it and it will show exactly what I was doing. A text from a friend. Facebook news feed, etc... if you find the button you can delete it... but he'll likely know anyway
pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Yes it will show. But on his phone it will show you deleted it to

Quoting notyethome1985:

Would it still do that if I just delete what comes through the HUB without actually looking at it. I know if I do that it still shows those notifications on his page as new. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: it still filters the news feeds. It dose on our cuz I can look on a computer at his and then when he looks on his phone it totally changes the feeds

Quoting notyethome1985:

notyethome1985
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I don't delete it off his Facebook though. I just delete the notification off my personal phone. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: Yes it will show. But on his phone it will show you deleted it to
Quoting notyethome1985:

Quoting notyethome1985:

pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM
if you are logged in under him it will show it. if you're just deleting the notification from your phone not from Facebook it should not show it he may be yanking your chain just to see what she Say

Quoting notyethome1985:

I don't delete it off his Facebook though. I just delete the notification off my personal phone. 

Quoting pooh2you1985: Yes it will show. But on his phone it will show you deleted it to

Quoting notyethome1985:

Quoting notyethome1985:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)