Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

crying baby all day long...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 38 Replies
So i have a three month old little boy. He will be 4 months next week. And i really need some advice from moms who have been here before. He screams on and off all day long. He arches his back and fights at the breast like he has reflux but no doctor takes us seriously. I dont know if he does or doesnt have reflux but he cries for at least 5 hours a day just not all at once. We have tried everything to no avail. He has also went from sleeping long stretches to waking up EVERY hour...everything in general is getting considerably worse instead of better. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Have you tried laying him down in the play pen and turning the vaccuum cleaner on? He could also be colic to.
sahm978
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Yes, noise does not seem to help. I just feel bad putting him down to scream for hours at a time, but nothing seems to stop it anyway. I feel like im emotionally scarring this poor kid for the rest of his life because i cant comfort him.

Quoting oliveoil423: Have you tried laying him down in the play pen and turning the vaccuum cleaner on? He could also be colic to.
oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Do you still swaddle him? It will getting use to know what his wants and needs are. I had my daughter in 2012 and i was trying to figure out my daughters crys are. Dont stress out so much cause that will make your son cry even more cause he willknow that your stress and upset.

Quoting sahm978: Yes, noise does not seem to help. I just feel bad putting him down to scream for hours at a time, but nothing seems to stop it anyway. I feel like im emotionally scarring this poor kid for the rest of his life because i cant comfort him.

Quoting oliveoil423: Have you tried laying him down in the play pen and turning the vaccuum cleaner on? He could also be colic to.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Wear him. Sounds like you have overactive let down. Reclined nursing will help. When he nurses he probably feels like he is being drowned. You're also prime time for a growth spurt.
lvd333
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe his stomach hurts. My nephew went through something similar and what I started doing was pressure points on his lower abdomen. All around the stomach you press gently and hold for 3 seconds and move around his belly. For us it worked wonders. We did it every day and he got better quickly. He was just full of air in his stomach and needed relief.
TylersMom999
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Wear him in a sling...he will be a much happier baby...and swaddle him....dont lay him down to cry...3 months is way too young to do cry it out.

sahm978
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
He never really dealt too well with swaddling the first place so we quit around a month. And i can tell its worse when i get upset...we cry together sometimes, but not getting upset is sooo hard.

Quoting oliveoil423: Do you still swaddle him? It will getting use to know what his wants and needs are. I had my daughter in 2012 and i was trying to figure out my daughters crys are. Dont stress out so much cause that will make your son cry even more cause he willknow that your stress and upset.

Quoting sahm978: Yes, noise does not seem to help. I just feel bad putting him down to scream for hours at a time, but nothing seems to stop it anyway. I feel like im emotionally scarring this poor kid for the rest of his life because i cant comfort him.

sahm978
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
We have a moby wrap and ive tried a couple different ways but he screams.. what do you prefer to use when wearing?

Quoting Mom2Just1: Wear him. Sounds like you have overactive let down. Reclined nursing will help. When he nurses he probably feels like he is being drowned. You're also prime time for a growth spurt.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I use a moby wrap or ring sling. Join the breastfeeding group as well.

Quoting sahm978: We have a moby wrap and ive tried a couple different ways but he screams.. what do you prefer to use when wearing?

Quoting Mom2Just1: Wear him. Sounds like you have overactive let down. Reclined nursing will help. When he nurses he probably feels like he is being drowned. You're also prime time for a growth spurt.
-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried feeding him with him sitting upright?  Like kinda facing you instead of in a cradle position?  Do you have pillows under the head his crib mattress to prop his head a bit?  That could help too.  I would ask (or demand) the pediatrician for a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN