• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 and 4 year old daughters

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
We have to daughters, 8 and 4. They share a room as well. Lately they have been fighting all day long as well as my 4 year old constantly touches the 8 year olds stuff. I feel like I'm gonna rip my hair out. I take things away they get punished lose favorite activities and kneel in the corner and nothing works. My youngest never cleans up her side of the room it is like pulling teeth to get her to do so. Any advice or thoughts.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM

seperate rooms if possible

KeepOnTryin
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Well, I would say since it's summertime they probably need a break from eachother. Can you send them to some kind of half day summer camp? That would probably help the situation. . .
Libra113
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM
That's not possible or I definitely would of already done it. My oldest go with her day a few days a week so she really isn't here much and when school starts she is so busy.

Quoting lilmama8408:

seperate rooms if possible

Libra113
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I'm also starting some behavior and shore reward charts soon also. So hoping that may help too

Quoting KeepOnTryin: Well, I would say since it's summertime they probably need a break from eachother. Can you send them to some kind of half day summer camp? That would probably help the situation. . .
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
A divider in the room may help. Make sure there are consequences for either child crossing over without permission. For the younger one, minimize the amount of toys, clothing etc. so she doesn't have so much to deal with cleaning up.
butzi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM
4 year olds are not really known for neatness or organizational skills. You will need to be helping her to pick it up once or twice a day.
strictmomhere
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Stay consistant and strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)