Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you cope?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

December 31, 2012 I lost my cousin. She and I grew up together, were only 2 years apart and we used to talk to each other all the time. She was my cousin, but she was also my best friend. A few months before her death, I stopped talking to her. I was pregnant and moody - I didn't really want to be bothered with many people during that time. She died and I never got to say goodbye. She never had the chance to meet my daughter....and I miss her more each day. How do you cope with the death of a close loved one? Will the saddness ever go away?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM

It gets easier as time goes on. The pain lessens to a dull ache, and you learn to live with it. It's never easy to lose loved ones, but it does get better.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Good explanation. Anyone irl you can talk to/ cry with?

Quoting rockinmomto2:

It gets easier as time goes on. The pain lessens to a dull ache, and you learn to live with it. It's never easy to lose loved ones, but it does get better.

TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Have you considered going to grief counseling?

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM

It gets better.  Try writing her a letter and telling her all things that have happened in your life.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs! I am sorry for your loss. Take your daughter to her grave site, introduce them and have a good cry! It will help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)