Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling suicidal

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am suffering from debilitating fatigue that is making it hard to function. My dr thinks it's from depression and anti-depressants/mood-stabilizers have helped in the past but they're not working now. I just started a new anti-depressant today and it will take some time to work. I just don't feel like going on anymore. My life is such a struggle. I can't enjoy any of it at this point.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to call the after hours line at your dr now. I just lost my DH not to suicide, but he's gone the same and you would never want to put your family through that!
momwriter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I know. I don't want to put them through it. I will call my dr tomorrow.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: You need to call the after hours line at your dr now. I just lost my DH not to suicide, but he's gone the same and you would never want to put your family through that!

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Call tonight! Almost a month after my DH died, my best friend's sister committed suicide and her 13 year old daughter had to cut her down from the banister of their house. That child will never be the same and her sister truly believes it's because she was calling for help and no one was answering the phones.

Quoting momwriter:

I know. I don't want to put them through it. I will call my dr tomorrow.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: You need to call the after hours line at your dr now. I just lost my DH not to suicide, but he's gone the same and you would never want to put your family through that!

Memere60
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you go to the emergency room, and let them admit you? Maybe the rest would be a big help to you. PLEASE don't do anything drastic. There could be some very good things ahead for you in life. I felt the same as you a few years ago. Things got better, and I'm so glad I hung on. I would have missed seeing my grandchildren being born, and having a relationship with them. I know your life is a struggle right now. Your new medicine could be the answer for you. Don't give up before that happens.huggingfeel better

momwriter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting Memere60:

Can you go to the emergency room, and let them admit you? Maybe the rest would be a big help to you. PLEASE don't do anything drastic. There could be some very good things ahead for you in life. I felt the same as you a few years ago. Things got better, and I'm so glad I hung on. I would have missed seeing my grandchildren being born, and having a relationship with them. I know your life is a struggle right now. Your new medicine could be the answer for you. Don't give up before that happens.huggingfeel better

trish2tew
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I agree with what was said above. It is HARD to wait for antidepressants to kick in when you are that low. PLEASE TALK WITH SOMEONE ASAP!

janessa27
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Thoughts and prayers for you~ like the others mentioned, please call and talk to someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)