Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you study?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm taking some courses online and I have 2 books to read as well for the classes.

I only have one bedroom, and a large living area... Tv is constantly on, and I'd rather not read in the bedroom cuz the kids are usually asleep and I'd hate to wake them... Plus s/o sleeps on the couch...

ugh. Should I just get some earphones and my iPod and try to silence everything out?

wwyd?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShoeStrings
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I like to sit on the porch. The tv don't bother me and I can study with it on, so I usually study at night in the living room after the kids are in bed. Or during the day while they nap or are at school. 

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I studied in my room or at the table. The tv didn't bug me. When I really needed to concentrate I would do that part after the kids went to bed
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I do it when the kids are at school
Or after bed. Mostly the former.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is different for each person.  If it is tough for you to concentrate with the tv on then try the earphones and see if that helps.  If not then you could try after the kids are asleep.

strictmomhere
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Try the head phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM
I usually study at work and I always have earphones in but my eyes on the phone too...and at home, I kinda duck off...usually in the den
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM

i go to the school like 4 hours before the exam, have some headphones with some classical music on and cram before the exam.

kay283
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:18 AM
I usually study at school or at work. At home I get too distracted. Good luck!
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:05 AM

i study wherever and whenever i can lol.  my husband helps by clearing the house when i need to really focus.

Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:11 AM

more specifically - for this summer class there is TONS of work because it is condensed.  it is a work intensive class (biological anthropolgy) and I have my textbook work as well as online modules for each chapter which have lectures and all that.  i take tests every couple of days, participate in discussion weekly, and have exams about once a week.  it is a lot of work.  i find that doing my online module work (with one ear bug in) while the kid watches tv i can take notes.  then i book the book work late at night or if he is out at the gym with dad or something.  when it is test time they will leave the house for that time period.
i am so thankful that my husband helps me.  my current class has my working 25+ hours a week.  i will never take another summer class lol.  when fall starts i have 3 classes but all are on campus and less work intensive (math, and lab, and communications) and at the normal pace so it should be easier. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)