Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

UGH!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

okay moms I need your help! 

I am so pissed at myself right now you wouldn't even believe!! My son was sleeping soundly and I was being quiet trying to get ready and what happens......my stupid hair straightener that I had propped up for quite some time decided to randomly fall over and made a TON of noise!!! And it woke my son right up! Excuse my language, but G*d Dam*it!!!!!! I know he's not going to go back to sleep now! I was planning on taking us to the mall just to stroll around and get out of the house, but now he didn't get his full nap and i'm not ready and i wanted to be able to go soon after he woke up which won't happen now. So, have to save the mall trip for another day now and that REALLY pisses me off. Like this has totally ruined the rest of my day...UGGHHHHHHH!!! I'm such an idiot! Stupid hair straightener!!!!!!!

How do I not let this bother me so much?? How do i not let this ruin my day?? Cuz it's totally screwed up all our plans!!!!!

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I'm sorry. I guess I don't understand why you still can't go to the mall. How old is your son?

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I would go to the mall anyway.
amybrg86
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Quoting ceciliam:

I'm sorry. I guess I don't understand why you still can't go to the mall. How old is your son?

9 1/2 months. well, we ended up going; i'm trying to make more positive choices lately so instead of staying home and being pissed off because he woke up too early on my account i decided we'd go anyways. the trip was okay--it was nice to get out. but as i figured, he was tired and a bit fidgety in the stroller. :/    if i know that's going to be the case (i.e. not having a full nap) i prefer to just stay home so he's free to sleep or do whatever at any time because if he's out and about and things are going on, he'll stay awake until he just can't keep his eyes open for a second longer. 

amybrg86
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Quoting Retrokitty: I would go to the mall anyway.

yeah we ended up going. it was nice to get out; trip wasn't horrible, but it wasn't awesome since he was tired from lack of nap.  :/  

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Breathe and be flexible. You have to stay that way when you have children. Go with the flow.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM
I know he's a little young for this but for my son I make going to the mall a little bit of a treat. I get a cookie for him and it keeps him quiet the entire time. We don't get often so it's nice to get out and have him not be cranky lol. And for him he gets a small treat.

Quoting amybrg86:

yeah we ended up going. it was nice to get out; trip wasn't horrible, but it wasn't awesome since he was tired from lack of nap.  :/  

amybrg86
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie: Breathe and be flexible. You have to stay that way when you have children. Go with the flow.

going with the flow isn't my strong suit, lol

amybrg86
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Quoting Retrokitty: I know he's a little young for this but for my son I make going to the mall a little bit of a treat. I get a cookie for him and it keeps him quiet the entire time. We don't get often so it's nice to get out and have him not be cranky lol. And for him he gets a small treat.
Quoting amybrg86:

hmm..yeah bit too young for cookies but i do bring his gerber puffs with whenever we go. i think he just gets sick of sitting in the stroller for so long. he can't QUITE walk by himself, so when we're at the mall or on a stroll he has to sit the whole time and he'd rather be movin' and groovin'. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)