Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Something that works

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 1 month old is breast fed and for the most part using me as a pacifier. She has a few pacifiers but can't seem to get the hang of it. We try giving it to her when she starts to get fussy but it's looks like it only makes her more agitated. When we finally do get it in her mouth she sucks it for a while then gets pissed when it falls out and after that she won't take it again. Is there a certain kind that she needs because she's breast fed or should we just give up on the pacifier
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM
How long does she generally feed? How often? Is she gaining weight?
nina8609
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM
In my opinion she doesn't feed for long intervals at a time but it is all throughout the day and night. And her weight is going up

Quoting a_and_j_momma: How long does she generally feed? How often? Is she gaining weight?
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Have you tried the bulb(not the orthodontic shape) shaped Nuk latex paci? That was the only one my middle child could use for awhile for the same reason. It's probably the cheapest paci they make too lol. If that doesn't work I would just give up.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM

dont use a pacifier at all and let her gum her hands.  Fenugreek can help to increase your supply (at least it worked for me) so maybe she will not need to feed as often.  I used massage to soothe my baby to sleep. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM

My dd never really took a paci either.  I was her paci for the first two months, then she moved on to sucking on her hands for a couple of months.  Taking a paci isn't mandatory.   If she doesn't want it, no biggie.  It's hard to break them of the paci anyway.  If she gets fussy just distract her with a toy, take her into another room, bounce her, put her in a swing if you have one, etc.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM

We never used a pacifier.  He never really wanted one.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Same with my son.

Quoting carolina_gal:

We never used a pacifier.  He never really wanted one.

Denni1026
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM
We used the nuk silicone pacifier with all 3 of our kids. And let me tell you it sure saved my boobs as all 3 tried to use me as their pacifier too. I say if you want to use one try different kinds until you find one they like. We never had a problem getting our kids if them either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN