Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get them to fall asleep on their own?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

Jadie is 5 months old now and I still can't seem to get her to fall asleep on her own, without being held.

How did you get your baby to go to sleep on their own?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

At 5 months old, I don't.  They aren't equip with the right "tools" yet to fall asleep on their own.  There are babies that do, I'm sure, but for the most part, a 5 month old doesn't. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM

We don't force sleeping alone. All my children sleep alone when they're ready. My oldest did around a year, my middle child is 20 months and gets rocked to sleep then sleeps in his own crib everynight.  At 5 months I was still nursing both kids to sleep most nights.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

skrbelly
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
They need you at that age, but people use a swing or something like that. I think it's too young to be thinking about trying to do that
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I didn't but now my son is 8 and still doesn't want to sleep on his own. I created a monster. lol!

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

My daughter is almost 18 months and I still rock her every night or go to bed with her (we bedshare).

Corkie-
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM
I can't remember with the older ones. With ds (8months) I hold him. When he's fighting it I will lay him down and he gets comfy then falls asleep.
MrsKeyes
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Im not much help, my DD takes a small bottle before bed and it puts her right to sleep. If she does fuss I pat her bottom while she is laying down, and it usually quiets her down in less than a minute. Good Luck!

cocoroo
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I was never one to hold my kids to put them to sleep.  If they fell asleep when I was holding them that was fine.  But, none Of my four ever had to be held or rocked to fall asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)