Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 4 yr old is getting a very bad attitude

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have never had a problem she has always been very easy going and for the past 2 weeks she has had crying fits and stomping her feet along with hands on her hips saying NO... I have never spanked her but I have had the urge lately....

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kayliesmom03
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Have you been putting her in time out?

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Has she been having a hard time with something in life? Big changes in your house? Schedule?
I'm guessing she is stressed about something and it is making her a little on edge and when we are on edge we tend to blow up easily...
Try to be patient and kind.
sheilalou
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM

well I have been home alot more the past couple of weeks and granny normally babysits her which granny is a softy and spoils her...

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Then she's probably just pissed that she's not getting her way. My mom spoils my kids, but they now know that when they get home, my rules are enforced and any whining and complaining will result in loss of toys, TV time, or special time with Grandma if the infractions are bad enough. Even my 4 year old understands that. If she gets really mouthy, she goes in the corner. If that doesn't work, she gets put down for a nap. When she wakes up, she's usually better behaved.

Quoting sheilalou:

well I have been home alot more the past couple of weeks and granny normally babysits her which granny is a softy and spoils her...

sheilalou
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I have never had to punish my daughter.. just giving her a stern voice makes her cry and she goes to her room on her own till she is done

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM

She is training and preparing you for when she hits adolescence. sarcasm

maureen813
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM

If you and your mother have different parenting styles and different expectations, she is reacting to this which is quite normal and expected. i wonder if you just have some patience and give her some time and above all be consistent, will she have an opportunity to become adjusted to teh change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)