Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Earrings.. When did you get them?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM
  • 38 Replies
My daughter is only a month old and I want to put earrings on her. They've told me that the younger they are the less pain they feel.. When did you pierce her ears? Or know of someone that pierced her daughters ear? I just want to know a certain time that might be better or something
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I'm about to have my first daughter. She won't get them done until she asked.
ER-momma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I have no girls. I got mine when I was a baby. But here's a bump
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I have a son, but if/when I have a daughter I'll be getting her ears pierced as a baby. It's much easier to take care of when they're so tiny. Pretty much every family I know, pierces baby girls' ears, so that does influence me.

LalasMommy1125
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I had my dd's pediatrician pierced her ears when she was about 5 months old. 

MrsKeyes
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I am still undecided. My DD is 6 months, almost, but we haven't done it yet. My mother is from Brasil and says that they offer ear peircings in the hospital after birth, just like a cirumcision! I got mine done before I was 6 mon and never had an issue, but my sister got hers done around 4 years old and ended up ripping one out in the pool, straight through her earlobe. So there is something to be said for doing it early!

ame19
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Ask your pediatrician maybe? My mom got mine done when I was a couple months old. My aunt and uncle got their daughter's done at almost 8 months. My friend said he pediatrician wanted her to wait to at least 9 months. Some pediatricians will even pierce ears. So it's really up to you.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:55 PM

All the baby girls in our entire family get  ear piercings between 6 weeks and 2 months. It's tradition

KCartair
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I Was told so many stories about how old you could get them done. Somebody told me the hospital could do it before they leave, 6 months...heard too many different stories. So I got my daughter ears done on her 1st birthday party.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Talk to your pedi. My pedi told me to wait until she had her Tetanus vax. My ears were pierced when I was an infant. I still haven't done my dd's ears & she's 2. In my State the piercing shops won't pierce babies & I don't want it done at the mall by some teenager with a piercing gun.

babydylan3
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM
I was thinking of asking my pedi. But I don't want him to be the one to decide when.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Talk to your pedi. My pedi told me to wait until she had her Tetanus vax. My ears were pierced when I was an infant. I still haven't done my dd's ears & she's 2. In my State the piercing shops won't pierce babies & I don't want it done at the mall by some teenager with a piercing gun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN