Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with odd baby behavior!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

My DD started about 2 months ago moving her head in a "no" headshake while she was in the carseat, slowly. Like maybe she was feeling her ears or something. Recently, every time im sitting with her in my lap, her back to my chest, she does that like crazy! So vigourously that I have to hold on to her tight because she moves her whole body! At first I thought it was just because I am fairly large chested, and maybe it was uncomfortable for her to lean back all the way, but she does it with by best friend, who is very flat. Anyone else have this problem?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Nope. Talk to ped?
MrsKeyes
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I haven't made it that far. She only started doing in in the past week or so, and at first I though she was just getting frustrated or bored and wiggling, but then I started to see the pattern. And if I turn her to face me, she just wants to turn back around and wiggle again!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

How old is she?

Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she's just exploring a new sensation.
MrsKeyes
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:38 PM

She is 5 1/2 months, I figured it was just goofy play, maybe? New feelings and shes able to actually hold herself up by herself, so that may have something to do with it.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

How old is she?

Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I always worried about dd because she pulled on her ears Frequently. Turns out she was just playing with them! I'd still talk to her pedi just to ease your mind and be sure.

Quoting MrsKeyes:

She is 5 1/2 months, I figured it was just goofy play, maybe? New feelings and shes able to actually hold herself up by herself, so that may have something to do with it.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

How old is she?

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM

My dd does something like that but it's more like when she's sitting on the couch she will rock front to back hitting her head on the couch cushion. I assume they are just doing things like this getting to know their bodies. If you are concerned I would video tape it & show your pedi at your next visit.

Quoting MrsKeyes:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

How old is she?

MrsKeyes
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I taped, I think I will talk to her pediatrician next visit. Never can be too careful!

CarleeDalene
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Is she fighting sleep? My almost 4 month old does that to try to keep herself awake.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I wouldn't be worried bc she is young and exploring new things. I would just mention it to the doc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)