• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers herpes virusof babys born with HSV or

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I have never had an out break of herpes and I have never been told by a Dr that I had herpes. but my son who was born the 8th has a pus filled blister in his diaper area. this is the 3rd one in a week. I truer looking this up on Google and all it comes up with is HSV or more commonly known as herpes... he has a few of the symptoms like poor feeding, low fever, the blister... I always thought Dr checks the mother for STD so baby wouldnt be born with an STD so now I'm just scared and confused. I try to research it and I found out that you can carry the herpes virus and not have out breaks... I really don't know a lot about herpes but I'm really scared for my son. it makes me so sick to think he could have herpes and have to deal with it his whole life...

I'm just wondering if anyone knows about this stuff and can give me any advise. it said on one web site if a baby is born with HSV it could cause brain damage from swelling and death.... now I'm about 5 sec from rushing to the nearest ER... is there another reason for blisters? Its just one single blister at a time. no rash. has yellow pus in it. is HSV the only cause for these type of blisters?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommieof38829
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Have you taken the baby to the doctor
Crysrey1
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Do you have an urgent care open? If so I would take him in, otherwise take him to the er or his dr next week. Either way I would get it checked out.
mommieof38829
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I would take the baby to the er. My friends baby had a blister on her butt and it was meningitis. I am not saying that's what your baby has but I would be wanting to be sure.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I honestly have no idea. I would take baby to the E.R

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM
What is the fever?
Mrs.Urquhart
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM
You're tested several times through out pregnancy for stds. The swab they took of your privates in the last month before delivery was specifically for herpes and a couple other things. If you had tested positive, you would have been given an iv drop with needs AND your soon would have been given aggressive treatment as well. He probably has a skin infection from a minor diaper rash. Call you're pedi in the am and get seen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Urquhart
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Meds, not needs....and son, not soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Yes, you can have herpes with no outbreaks, but having an outbreak during a vaginal delivery is the only way for the child to contract it. If one does have an outbreak or still getting over one, they typical suggest a c-section.

Herpes blisters and rarely " pus filled" but take him in and ask WHAT it could be and the chances it could be herpes....and get your blood tested for yourself for it specifically so that YOU know beyond a shadow of a doubt.
lacyleanne
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Maybe it's just a blister from where the diaper or clothing rubs. I wouldn't automatically assume the worst mama. Just take him to the doctor and have them culture it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)