Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 3 year old

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
He has recently learned a new bad word. I don't cuss, so he didn't learn it from me. My husband will occasionally slip up though. He starts school in less than three weeks. How do I make it stop? I've tried ignoring it but that doesn't work.
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllNaturalMum
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I explained to my daughter that that is a grown up word that she can use when she gets older. 

It was never a problem again.

FPE.903
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I just tell my three year old, you shouldn't say that word its a bad word. She understands and doesn't say it anymore
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I just explain to my kids it's a grown up word and we don't use it. Along with stupid and the r word. My kids even at 7 slip sometimes they get a warning and then move on. I never gotten past the warning stage. Just gotta remind them what is good and bad language.
ChelsieB416
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I'll give it a try, I just don't want my kid to be the one teaching all the other kids at school bad words lol.
Karmea
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I told my daughter she's a really smart kid, but using certain words make people think she's not so smart so she might not want to use them. Totally worked.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM
I just said you can't say that, say this instead
KRIZZ25
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM
tell him every time he says that he will have to write i,m sorry 50 times.
sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

I explained to my daughter that that is a grown up word that she can use when she gets older. 

It was never a problem again.

GoldenLinds
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Get dh involved. During dinner conversation have one of you say it and then you both need to make it a big deal that you dont say that word. Get ds involved in the conversation about it being a not nice word. Then make the offender say sorry and promise not to say it again. It has to be a team effort and thisbis one of those situations where I find kids learn better from example than explanation.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM

All good suggestions, gl!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN