Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Getting sleep??

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
So how do you get your sleep schedule back or regular once your little one starts sleeping through the night??
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM
How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Honestly for me it was pretty easy. I was so exhausted by the time they started sleeping through the night that I didn't have problems getting back into a sleep schedule myself. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Honestly even if I wasn't tired I'd force myself to lay down at a certain time. On the couch or in bed, didn't matter.
Getting the kid(s) on a routine and schedule helps because your also putting yourself on one. I generally stay up 1-2 hours after my older 2 go to bed and it gives baby one last feeding (2 weeks old) while I'm fully awake. He also gets his own routine.

lldevil169
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM
He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!

Quoting Reina13:

Honestly for me it was pretty easy. I was so exhausted by the time they started sleeping through the night that I didn't have problems getting back into a sleep schedule myself. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM
My body adjusts on its own. Be warned: he might not sleep through the night for long. Sleep patterns change so much.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quoting lldevil169: He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.

He is likely to hit a growth spurt in the next few days which may cause night waking again. Are you napping yourself during the day a lot? Caffeine or food too late in the evening?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM

You're up all night?!

Idk what to tell you. The second anyone is sleeping I'm sleeping. If you're having that much trouble, make a routine for yourself. Wake up, workout, stay active through the day, and no coffee in the afternoon. Warm bath for yourself maybe after baby is in bed?

And a pp is so right- this could change again so don't get TOO attached to baby sleeping all night.  :(

Quoting lldevil169: He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

lldevil169
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM
I don't nap in the day at all any more I stopped restructuring the first month I drink water and eat around 430 5 ish no soda after that

Quoting MusherMaggie:

He is likely to hit a growth spurt in the next few days which may cause night waking again. Are you napping yourself during the day a lot? Caffeine or food too late in the evening?
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM

LOL....me too!

Quoting Reina13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN