Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for military families

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

my husband went to basic training 7 weeks ag or so and we have a 2 year old (turned 2 in may) and lately she has been way more upset about him being gone. she says dada and i tell her he hadto go away to work still and she just sits and cries. i feel so bad for her because she doesnt understand what is going on and its just sad. any tips?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Do you have a daddy doll? She needs a daddy doll!!! My almost 3 year old loves hers. It's still hard when he's gone she misses him so much, but we are able to FaceTime.... Idk if you get a chance for that when he's at basic :-(

Quoting georgiamomma92:

my husband went to basic training 7 weeks ag or so and we have a 2 year old (turned 2 in may) and lately she has been way more upset about him being gone. she says dada and i tell her he hadto go away to work still and she just sits and cries. i feel so bad for her because she doesnt understand what is going on and its just sad. any tips?

applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:05 AM
To get a daddy doll he needs a full body picture in uniform. They are about $20.... But check with your family assistance coordinator they might have another style where you just need to put his face inside a pocket.
georgiamomma92
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

That's sweet. I may look for that. I can't face time in basic I can when he gets to wait eventually. She has a Dada dog. It was a dog he got her while in meps and she sleeps with it every night. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM
No tips. My dh traveled. Our oldest was out of hand when daddy was out of town. She out grew it by age 5 to 6. No face time or chat back then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Daddy doll and FaceTime is a lifesaver. He's almost done :-)

Quoting georgiamomma92:

That's sweet. I may look for that. I can't face time in basic I can when he gets to wait eventually. She has a Dada dog. It was a dog he got her while in meps and she sleeps with it every night. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)