Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
For the mirena to get pushed to the bottom of your uterus due to a pregnancy? I'm just curious because my gyno isn't talking on possible reason on how it ended up in the bottom of my uterus when 6 months ago it was still at the top where it's suppost to be. Please no bashing. I'm just curious.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I had to look up what it was.  Is it safe for it to be in there while you are pregnant?

Denni1026
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I am not sure about the pregnancy part having made it move. But i do know that they can move on their own.y My cousin had hers move to the outside of her uterus and had to have it surgically removed. Let's just say she has found a new form of bc. I think they had a recall on them for that reason.
applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I thought the top went inside the bottom of the uterus and the bottom and string dangled out the cervix/vagina? My cousin lost a baby at 5 months along due to Mirena. She ended up pregnant, Mirena lodged in her uterus and not accessible by 3 different doctors. At 5 months she became toxic and nearly died, and lost her baby. Same thing happened to my grandma 40-50 years ago with an iud. Dangerous form of BC.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM
You still have it and are pregnant?
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I am not really educated on these things but I didn't think it was supposed to still be in while you are pregnant.  I would ask your doctor.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM
I have NO idea and didn't know you should keep them while pregnant...
TAG9lbs
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I agree it sounds strange to have that in while pregnant. You might want a different doctor.
newmommytobe403
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM

sorry i havent been on in awhile ladies. it turns out my mirena had merged with my uterus. didnt find that out until i went to get it removed and be put on a different form of birth control. took her 20 minutes and 2 tools to pry it out. i am healed from it and have no pain but i will NEVER get another mirena! i will go with the depo and just workout everydayh and eat right so i dont gain a bunch of weight

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)