Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby's bum :( help please!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:10 PM
  • 46 Replies
My 11 month old is teething, and it's those back molars.. I feel so bad for her! She usually has looser bm diapers when she is teething but this time she's having waaayyy more and now her bottom is super raw and bleeding a little, even though I've been super ontop of getting her changed as soon as she is done.

I've tried Destin, Vaseline, letting her air dry out, rising out the wipes so there's no scent.... it's not getting any better.. it's getting worse.. and it's day 3...

Does anyone know of anything else I can do or try to help my poor baby's bum?!?!?!

Thanks.♡
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Mix a&d ointment with antibiotic ointment and put a THICK layer on, you can also mix and alternate with a paste of equal parts hydrocortisone cream, lotrimin and extra strength desitin
Mom2MikeynLando
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Poor baby..Rash  may be from yeast... Can her pediatrician take a quick look?  What always cured my kids was anti-fungal cream (sounds crazy but it works). 

happynewyorker
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I use to use butt paste which use to help.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I would also consider using the shower hand sprayer to rinse the bum instead of wipes that further irritate the skin, then pat dry and follow with the hair drier on low to get her bum really dry before ointments
MomMomMom12
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Thank you soooo much!! I really appreciate it! :)
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Put cream on it and dry it on with a hair dryer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkat117
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM

With my daughter usually Destin worked, but there were a few times where only another cream worked. I believe it was called Butt Paste (no joke)  ....another time I ended up taking her to the doctor and finding out it was some kind of infection and he actually prescribed a special cream for it. So you may want to look into that, it may be more than a typical diaper rash.

ajrjj05
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM

corn starch. 

Kleotide
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Boudreux's Butt Paste.  It Works Miracles. I always reach for it first when my LO has a bad diaper rash.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're nursing breastmilk is great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)