Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are you?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm in St. Pete, FL.  I realized I have zero girl friends.  Well, I have one or two but they either live far away.  It would be nice to have someone to talk to once in a while other than my SO. Anyone else in the same boat?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I'm in LaPorte, IN
mischele
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I'm the same way but I'm in fort Bragg nc
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM

It really kind of sucks.  My SO is great, we have great communication and he makes me laugh, but I miss having girl friends.  I have one but we've grown apart and my other one has a new boyfriend so she's fallen off the face of the planet.

Quoting mischele: I'm the same way but I'm in fort Bragg nc

natural_s
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I am in Douglasville, Ga and yeah I don't have any girlfriends either. I think once you get older it's especially hard to make friends especially if you have moved to a new area.

prdmama1154
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:24 PM

It's true.  Although I've been in this area for about thirteen years, it's still hard for me to find people.  I try to talk to other moms sometimes but they've been kind of snobby.  Like I wasn't good enough for them to talk to or something. 

Quoting natural_s:

I am in Douglasville, Ga and yeah I don't have any girlfriends either. I think once you get older it's especially hard to make friends especially if you have moved to a new area.

Bresmom13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Michigan here.

Bresmom13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM

That is why I believe most of us are on here for, company. If ppl can stay civil.

mischele
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM
It's hard to make friends, if we were home I would have friends. But it's hard making new friends every couple of years. I've tried talking to other parents at my kids school but it's like as soon as they find out were army they don't want to talk anymore
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM

That sucks :(

Quoting mischele: It's hard to make friends, if we were home I would have friends. But it's hard making new friends every couple of years. I've tried talking to other parents at my kids school but it's like as soon as they find out were army they don't want to talk anymore

natural_s
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Yeah I have been in Georgia for 8yrs. I talk to the ladies at my church and do fellowships when they have them but have not made any real close friendships like I would like.

Hopefully you will make some soon where you live and if not there are plenty of nice ladies on here that you can chat with when you just need to chat with another adult (like me).

Quoting prdmama1154:

It's true.  Although I've been in this area for about thirteen years, it's still hard for me to find people.  I try to talk to other moms sometimes but they've been kind of snobby.  Like I wasn't good enough for them to talk to or something. 

Quoting natural_s:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)