Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would you end this friendship?

Posted by   + Show Post
We have been friends for about 15 years. I am the always the one to call/txt her. I always make the plans. I always show up to her events, baby shower, birthdays, ect. She cancels plans or forgets about them often. She even "forgot" my kids birthday. I have tried to talk to her about it but I'm starting to get fed up. My husband had been telling me for years that she is just self absorbed and a bad friend. What would you do? Stay friends and hope it works out? Stay friends but keep some distance? Or just end it?
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Replies (71-74):
MamaLama710
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM
It's absolutely ok with me, the more the merrier :)

And kay283 I I have no idea how we go about that, and don't know any techies. I looked it up and there are sites but they just haven't gone supper mainstream.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Sorry to insert myself into thos conversation, but you two AREN'T the only ones that can't seem to make, or keep, friends. I'm in the same boat as y'all are.

Quoting MamaLama710: Lets freakin do it!

Quoting kay283: That's actually a really good idea. I would join a site like that.

Quoting MamaLama710: Ya know I've heard a lot of people say that. Instead of a dating site we need something where you can make friends with people in your area that you would otherwise never meet or would see in passing but never bother to get to know. Fb is all drama and cm everyone lives across the country.

Quoting kay283: I don't know. I wish it was that simple. I could use some good girlfriends.

Quoting MamaLama710: Dh even sets me up on "friend dates" with his female coworkers he thinks I'd like, or tries to get me to hang out with his friends wives. If I wanna go out I usually just end up calling my Nana (basically my mom) to hang out. It's kinda pathetic. Why can't you just make a new BFF at a grocery store or at the park or something?

Quoting kay283:

Me too, I haven't had that since high-school. I don't know why it's so much harder to make good friends now.

Quoting MamaLama710: Could be. It makes me sick how many friends my husband has and how they are all always wanting to hang out with him. They come in flocks. I would love to know how that feels for a day.
Quoting kay283: Lol, I don't know. Maybe we're too nice.
Quoting MamaLama710: And I thought it was just me, my friendships always seem to fade if I don't put forth all of the effort. Wtf is wrong with us? Lol
Quoting kay283: Maybe I just have shitty friends. But that seems pretty typical to me. I always put so much more in than I get out.

bigmomma04
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM
This is what i have done as well

Quoting LyTe684: I'd just not contact her. Doesn't seem worth the fight.
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I wouldn't pursue the friendship anymore until she puts some effort in. Just let it go and see what happens.

ididntdoit111
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Have you tried not texting or calling her to see just how long she'll go? I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)