Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

child has lead poisoning, city coming to my house, landlord blames us

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my son to the doctos a week ago for a blood test, the doctors called me back saying it was an emergency. I got there and they said my sons lead level is the highest theyve ever seen, it was 20. So they called the City to do a health inspection friday Aug. 15th. A lady called me and said when the City comes out shes going to come with them and question my son, hes 3. Im scared. I have a daughter, will they try to take my children away because of the lead poisoning???? Is she apart of CPS? I dont know what to do...... Also I told the landlord and he blamed us! He and his family said it was our fault, saying the reason was because we had cats and the cats litter box is where the lead is coming from. His wife has always told me she doesnt like cats.I gave him a paper to read on lead, he refuse to read it, his daughter was very disrespectful screaming at me saying "We want you out!!! You guys have to leave, this is your fault, move!!!!!!!"
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:29 AM
Replies (41-45):
SleepingBeautee
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Is there any update? What did CPS say? What did the health department find?

halsmommy14
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:08 PM

you'll be ok...........but your landlords are in SO MUCH TROUBLE lol  sucks to be them

sav820
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:42 AM

NO, they will NOT take your kids. You've done nothing wrong, and thank god they found out what is wrong with your child...this might be a blessing in diguise...CPS will never tke your kids you did not know or cause this....Youre fine....And yes, wait until they come do the tests and find out where its coming from. You will need to move in time, after they find out the sourse of the lead.  So plan on moving down the road..Unless they say you must immediately depending on test results.

My 3 nieces and nephews all had lead poisioning and all 3 are disabled due to it.. all were in special education classes due to issues with the lead posioning. They did sue the landlord and the landlords Home owners settled with my niece and her husband for the children. They recieved all medical care and a huge settlement.

Don't worry a lawyer will do it and take his fee's out of the settllement if that house is the cause with the 3 children. Staceys kids were playing on a porch and unknown to her the kids were eating peeled pain chips, and it was all over the building inside and outside and thats how they ended up very sick. And will always have issues due to the lead, they are now graduating from high school , her last  child..of the 3 and all have medical issues due to the lead...slow, mentally and other medical issues. i will try to find out what their levels were from my sister if she can recall this was years ago when they were toddlers. now 18, 20 & 22

Do NOT allow the landlord to scare you or make you move they leglly cannot do that.  Apparently the landlord knows he is in trouble for the lead, so don't allow them to scare you at all..As a matter of fact  don't mention anything to them , stay quiet, and allow the lead people to do the inspections and take it from there..Once you get the readings then talk to a lawyer...DO this for your children, if they are very young you will not know how it wil affect them later in school and learning as staceys kids all have had issues.  hopefully yours wouldn't..But i would move  after they examine the property  Do NOT STAY THERE its dangerous for the kids. you all need to be checked in case its in the water,...hugs and good luck..Just wait until they have the readings for you then immediately hire a lawyer..THIS is why People have insurance-on their properties. do not feel bad--and they will pay the damages--and don't back down.  This is a injury to your child or children , family...so make sure you get what you're entitled to.

mermaid13dragon
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

good luck...get out of there for your sons health..sue the pants off landloed..and no toys from china ..lead could be from weird chinese roys/jewelry etc.. most likely landlord knows the source and is guilty.. first concern is getting help for son and getting lead out of his tiny body!! good luck...  and dont worry about them taking ytour son.,,

KenneMaw
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I dont think they will take your kids away, but they may go after the landlord.  The lead is probably coming from the paint or something else in the house.  I have never heard that cats' litter has lead. That is crazy.   millions of people would have lead poisoning if that was the case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN