Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you get along with your family?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 193 Replies

My parents and I have a shaky relationship at best, helped along in its instability by distance which proves the "out of sight, out of mind" adage to be true. I get along well with some of my siblings (I have 2 younger sisters and 3 younger brothers) and not so much with others, but distance also helps/hinders in that case, too, since I'm at least 2hrs away from them all. At the end of the day we all love each other, but we just don't like each other very much right now, lol.

Do you get along with your family? How often do you see them?

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mitchellgirl24
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I do get along with my family. Especially after I got married, my mom and I became a lot closer. We didn't get along at all when I was a teen. We seen them a few times a week. Both our families live 30 minutes from us.
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Yes we get along well enough, especially since we no longer live together. :)  I see my mom and sister several times a week, my other siblings maybe a couple times a year.

SarahLizyB
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I get along with most of my family. The only person I don't speak with is my mother

Cafe Steph

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

by Head Admin on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM

It's wonderful that you became closer after your marriage and that you live so near to them. Do you have siblings?

Quoting Mitchellgirl24: I do get along with my family. Especially after I got married, my mom and I became a lot closer. We didn't get along at all when I was a teen. We seen them a few times a week. Both our families live 30 minutes from us.

Cafe Steph

by Head Admin on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I thought we'd get along better not living together anymore, either, but not so for us. I don't see any of them but a few times a year since they seem to think the road only travels one way, lol. How many siblings do you have?

Quoting Bmat:

Yes we get along well enough, especially since we no longer live together. :)  I see my mom and sister several times a week, my other siblings maybe a couple times a year.

Cafe Steph

by Head Admin on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

My mother's not speaking to me right now after I expressed distaste for something the family did after my grandmother, her mother, passed last month. What happened with you and your mother, if you don't mind sharing?

Quoting SarahLizyB:

I get along with most of my family. The only person I don't speak with is my mother

DanaG70
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Yes, always have, well mostly, my mom hated me when I was a kid. ;)

Mitchellgirl24
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yea I have 4 younger sisters.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

It's wonderful that you became closer after your marriage and that you live so near to them. Do you have siblings?

Quoting Mitchellgirl24: I do get along with my family. Especially after I got married, my mom and I became a lot closer. We didn't get along at all when I was a teen. We seen them a few times a week. Both our families live 30 minutes from us.

GSinIN99
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I love my MIL(FIL is deceased), I tolerate my youngest brother(age 22), my parents are fine, my other 3 brothers are around(we chat on FB), my husbands youngest brother is okay but his older brother is horrible.  He lost custody of his son and CPS gave him to us.  He blames us and refuses to speak to us or his son and makes up awful lies about us.   

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

It's complicated to say the least! Divorced parents, step-monster, 1 full blood sister, 2 half sisters and 3 half brothers. Some I get along with very well, some I have nothing to with. I have a superficial relationship with my Dad because SM and I hate each other, they live 4 hours away so I only see them once every few years. One half sister and 2 half brothers from Dad and SM I have nothing to do with. They're all losers, so no love lost there and they live near/with Dad so I never see them. My Mom, 1 half sister and 1 half brother live about 45 min away from me and we see each other a few times a month. My Mom is nuts, but I take her with a grain of salt. My only full blood sister and I are close, she also lives near my Dad, but she comes to visit 3-4 times a year. I've noticed lately that our relationship is a bit harder because we are very different personalities and parents. As our children get older and are in different phases of life, we've had more disagreements so there's been a little less contact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)