Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 1 year old fell of the bed head first

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 38 Replies
He hits his head constantly. 4 days ago he hit his head on the tub. I called my doctor and the told me what to look for. Now today I turn around for a split second and he takes a header off the bed. He cried for a few minutes. He has a small bruis on his forehead. But he ate and was laughing and smiling at me. Do I need to take Jim to the er or doctor? I heard his head thud on the floor. Also why does it seem like he is always falling and bumping his head?
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Because he's 1! You can't leave him
On the bed or counter. Safest place is the floor. He's still a baby
trin123
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I don't leave him anywhere. I was right there.

Quoting VinVanMom: Because he's 1! You can't leave him
VinVanMom
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM
The bed in unstable you either have to be able to stabilize and grab him or put him on the floor. Much safer.

Quoting trin123: I don't leave him anywhere. I was right there.

trin123
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Have you ever had a 1 year old that just starting walking and if you have are you really telling me they have never had a accidental fall?

Quoting VinVanMom: The bed in unstable you either have to be able to stabilize and grab him or put him on the floor. Much safer.

VinVanMom
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I've fostered over thirty kids and babies. The point is to avoid the fall. You want to argue or you want help? This is drs advice. Floor is safest.

Quoting trin123: Have you ever had a 1 year old that just starting walking and if you have are you really telling me they have never had a accidental fall?

Quoting VinVanMom: The bed in unstable you either have to be able to stabilize and grab him or put him on the floor. Much safer.

trin123
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Thanks for the help but it sounded more like a accusation then advice. But thanks.

Quoting VinVanMom: I've fostered over thirty kids and babies. The point is to avoid the fall. You want to argue or you want help? This is drs advice. Floor is safest.

Quoting trin123: Have you ever had a 1 year old that just starting walking and if you have are you really telling me they have never had a accidental fall?

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:30 PM
He will be fine accidents happen. If he fell off a bunk bed I would be worried.

There is nothing wrong with being overly cautious though. I would call the hospital nurse line and see what the suggest.

You might want to do some baby proofing especially in the bathroom. The have padding for bathtubs to prevent accidents.
Alwaysbre1219
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM

my friends son fell off a bed and fractured his skull, she didnt think it was a big deal and didnt take him to the Drs. the next day he started having seizures. she finally took him in and found out about the fracture and that he had blood on his brain. Id take him in to be safe.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Sounds like he is fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM

How far was the drop and what kind of floor do you have. He is probably fine, but watch him closely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN