Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Lunch ideas

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM
  • 17 Replies

What do you like to pack your kids for lunch once they head back to school? I'm looking for some new and exciting ideas. :)

lunchbag

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Cheese and crackers, grapes, raisins.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Leftovers, sandwiches, wraps, rice balls, there are tons of easy ideas on pinterest and blogs. We bought silicone ice pop sleeves to freeze smoothies in so they could thaw mostly by lunch.
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
We use a spiral slicer to make cucumber and carrot ribbons.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I like homemade lunchables. I just did an anon post about my kitchen and this is some meat I love from costco. Rotisserie chicken, cooked and pulled and ready to go. With that I'd send babybel cheese, whole grain crackers, fruit and yogurt maybe. Also things like trail mix, cottage cheese, wraps, standard sandwiches. You name it. :)
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Mine got into dipping apples, pears and celery in peanut butter last year. She liked homemade lunch ables, cold pizza, tuna salad and crackers or tuna stuffed tomatoes (I used large cherry tomatoes so she could just pick them up and bite them in half). Mini bagels with cream cheese cucumber and ham.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I always pack a fruit and veggie, crackers, water, treat, applesauce, granola bar, string cheese,etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM

These are usually staples in my son's lunchbox, as well.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I always pack a fruit and veggie, crackers, water, treat, applesauce, granola bar, string cheese,etc.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I like a lot of these ideas, thanks! :)

Quoting emkirkley: Mine got into dipping apples, pears and celery in peanut butter last year. She liked homemade lunch ables, cold pizza, tuna salad and crackers or tuna stuffed tomatoes (I used large cherry tomatoes so she could just pick them up and bite them in half). Mini bagels with cream cheese cucumber and ham.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM

My son is a creature of habit.  He just sticks with this. I have tried but I would rather him eat than not eat.

Quoting ceciliam:

These are usually staples in my son's lunchbox, as well.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Babybel cheese is one of my sons favorite lunchbox item. Rotisserie chicken is a good idea.

Quoting AM-BRAT: I like homemade lunchables. I just did an anon post about my kitchen and this is some meat I love from costco. Rotisserie chicken, cooked and pulled and ready to go. With that I'd send babybel cheese, whole grain crackers, fruit and yogurt maybe. Also things like trail mix, cottage cheese, wraps, standard sandwiches. You name it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN