Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

OBGYN scheduled a blood test for 2morow afternoon. Scared.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi. My names Kristin. I am 23 years old. I have a 15 almost 16 month old Son named Jayden. I am on the birth control pill because we dont want anymore children for atleast 3-4 years until were married which we havent even made a date for yet due to money problems. I am a stay at home Mom. And my Fiance is a cashier at a store. So were not stable enough for one letteralone 2. The last period I had was June 26th. I always count 28 days after my last period starts but my cycle is usually 29-31 days. I have my period marked as July 24th. But I never got one. The day before July 23rd I had a little brown spotting. But it was only when I wiped and didnt even last a full day. Where my periods are usually 4-7 days. So it was normal for me. Im now 13 days late. Still having cramps, mood swings, back pain, even had a few headaches. Also when I wipe sometimes theres clear mucous. Some was even on my underwear a few days ago. The size of a quarter. 5 days ago August 1st I took a home pregnancy test that came out negative. I was relieved. I was worried I was pregnant because the month of May and June I was on antidepressants and anxiety meds, Plus I dont take my Birth control every single day at the same time everyday. So I thought maybe I had a ut oh. I stopped taking my antidepressants at the beginning of July because they werent working. Just making me eat like a crazy person. Im still on my anxiety meds. I take one during the day and one at night. But to the point. I called my OBGYN on Monday and told them my period never came and that I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. She told me I didnt have another check up with her until October. But I told her I want to change my Birth control to something I dont have to take everyday. She asked me if its normal my period not coming. I told her sometimes im not on a 28 day cycle. Sometimes its 29-31. But I was already 8 days late and still nothing but cramps, mood swings and back pain. Like my period was gonna come but never did. She said she wanted me to take a blood serum test. Idk what all it looks for. But she said there could be many medical reasons why I missed my period but not to rule pregnancy out. I am so nervous that something is wrong. Has anybody else had this happen? What do they look for in the serum test? Did u get a negative pregnancy test and blood test positive? Did you have cramps but stil ended up pregnant? Any answers would be helpful. Im gonna be worried till noon 2morow. Help. =)

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not but I can tell that the pill was no good for me.  I could not remember to take it on time (plus I was getting headaches) so after 2 months I stopped taking it and got an iud.  I would say that if you are not pregnant look into another form of birth control.  There are so many out there that you don't have to take everyday.  Have you been under stress?  That can throw things outta wack sometimes.  GL!

nikkifam5
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Birth control can change the patterns of your cycle . Medications can also screw with your BC. I wouldn't worry. And it doesn't sound like you're pregnant but its not unheard of.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Just take a test.
JaydensMama418
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I took a test and it was negative. Im just hoping its nothing. Ive been under alot worse stress then I am now and never missed a period.

applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Please don't do an iud. They are so scary. My grandma lost a baby girl at 5 months gestation. My cousin nearly died in 2013, and lost her 24week gestation baby girl. Both ended up pregnant with an iud. I loved the depo shot. Very easy to remember 4 times a year. I was terrible with nuva ring... Hence being 10 weeks pregnant today :-)
-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I'm very sorry to hear your family members had so much trouble with iuds.  However, the chance of pregnancy with an iud is very rare (less than 1%).  All birth control has side effects.  Even depo is known to greatly decrease bone density increasing the risk of osteoporosis.  I guess we all just have to pick our poison so to speak.  :-/

Quoting applesnbananas: Please don't do an iud. They are so scary. My grandma lost a baby girl at 5 months gestation. My cousin nearly died in 2013, and lost her 24week gestation baby girl. Both ended up pregnant with an iud. I loved the depo shot. Very easy to remember 4 times a year. I was terrible with nuva ring... Hence being 10 weeks pregnant today :-)

applesnbananas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Agreed. However, the iud can cause maternal and fetal death. I'm quite disappointed that my 18 year old opted for the implant two weeks ago without talking to me. Also a scary form of BC IMO. This is my 4th baby. Getting my tubes tied after this. 🙏 lol

Quoting -PB:

I'm very sorry to hear your family members had so much trouble with iuds.  However, the chance of pregnancy with an iud is very rare (less than 1%).  All birth control has side effects.  Even depo is known to greatly decrease bone density increasing the risk of osteoporosis.  I guess we all just have to pick our poison so to speak.  :-/

Quoting applesnbananas: Please don't do an iud. They are so scary. My grandma lost a baby girl at 5 months gestation. My cousin nearly died in 2013, and lost her 24week gestation baby girl. Both ended up pregnant with an iud. I loved the depo shot. Very easy to remember 4 times a year. I was terrible with nuva ring... Hence being 10 weeks pregnant today :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN