Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Daycare refused to let me see my baby today

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 364 Replies
Daycare refused to allow me to see my baby today during my lunch hour. It was explained to me that all kids want to see their parents and if one kid gets to see their parent then all kids will want the same. He explained that there would be too much traffic of parents coming in and out. I don't get to spend much time with my baby and so all I wanted was 30 minutes. I am sad today. I thought this daycare was going to be more flexible than that. What are your thoughts? It seems I should have the right to visit at anytime.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mygirls53
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM
100 moms liked this
I'd be taking my child out of that day care.
KRISTAL_WILDER
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:35 PM
14 moms liked this

Umm hell no. I would change daycares. Something is not right. Kids do not get upset by other kids seeing their parents.

hismommy2010
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Take ur baby and run far from that place!!!!
allycally
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM
How old is your baby?
BostonGirl0301
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM
18 moms liked this

I think open door policy is best. Seems like they are hiding something or making excuses. I would look for a new daycare.

cakbr1002
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Find a new daycare that has an open door policy.
Lynette
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I would find another daycare.  My mom has run an inhome daycare for over 30 years.  She has never denied a parent a visit.  Yes it is hard on the flow of the day for her, but she gets a parents need to have the ability to drop by.

fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM
4 moms liked this

That would not work for me and I would think they are hiding something.  I was able to go anytime I wanted to visit and spend time and if I couldn't they would not be returning under any circumstances.  That really should raise huge red flags. 

thedirtytruth
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Either way, it should be an open door policy. There is zero reason for them to tell you no. It would make me think twice about having my child there...
halsmommy14
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM
9 moms liked this

weird-i would have just walked in and saw my kid.  no 'babysitter' will stop me from seeing my kid lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)