Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm so sick of this question! - "Are the twins his?"

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

"Are the twins his?" 

Some backstory - my husband and I decided to get a divorce, we have one son (1yo) and I am pregnant with twins. It seems like whenever I tell anyone about my divorce, that is the first thing out of their mouth. Even my friends ask it. Yes the twins are his! Am I just over reacting at everyone asking me this question? Or is ita valid question to be asking a pregnant woman who is going throug a divorce? 

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Its a valid question.  Too bad you didn't split before they were conceived. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe its just me but I think its rude to ask people questions like that.  I just can't picture myself doing it. 

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I would ask that too. Usually cheating causes divorces.
Mama-of-three
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I understand why they ask, but it is really insulting at the same time. The twins are his and I don't cheat at all. 

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

It's very rude for them to ask, but it isn't surprising that anyone would wonder.

I mean, you're pregnant, but you don't want to stay with your husband - a logical assumption would be that your husband is not the father.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I wouldn't ask, but I would wonder....

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM

It sounds like foot in mouth syndrome to me.  Sometimes people say what they are thinking without thinking about what they are saying.

Quoting Mama-of-three:

I understand why they ask, but it is really insulting at the same time. The twins are his and I don't cheat at all. 

I had a co-worker ask a women when she was due.  She wasn't pregnant.  *facepalm

Mama-of-three
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Oh wow, I would never ask that question unless I was 100% sure they were pregnant.  I kind of understand why they ask, I mean, I guess I would wonder too, but it's really insulting that my friends and family would think that I would cheat on my husband. No matter how bad things got between us, I would never cheat. Meanwhile, we're not even divorced yet, but we're not living together and he is already out looking for someone to hook up with. 

Quoting -PB:

It sounds like foot in mouth syndrome to me.  Sometimes people say what they are thinking without thinking about what they are saying.

Quoting Mama-of-three:

I had a co-worker ask a women when she was due.  She wasn't pregnant.  *facepalm

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Valid question.  I agree it is rude.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

teenkabear
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I wouldn't ask it, I think it's rude.  I can see why people are curious, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)