Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is my bump too small ?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Hi, so I'm 17 weeks pregnant and am continually told I have no bump :( I have my check up with my midwife next week but am sure everything us fine. I feel movement and I can see myself getting bigger but people around me keep saying how tiny my bump is. I have compared mine to pictures of women at the same stage and got a little disheartened as most had an obvious bump. With my son I had an obvious higher bump by now ....... Is there anyone else who is around the same stage as me with a small bump? :/ x
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alliemom4ever
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I had a small bump like that with my son at that stage. If your doctor isn't worried, don't worry. Some babies stay hidden well :)
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
All bumps come in different sizes.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM
That's about what I look like at 22 weeks with twins. As long as baby is growing, it's all good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I worked with a girl who had literally no bump until she was about 34-35 weeks....she had a healthy 8 pound boy.
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't start showing with my first until I was closer to 25 weeks then o blew up lol
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM

For my first child I wore maternity clothes at 6 months just so I could get some wear from them. The size of the bump depends on how strong your muscles are as well as the size of the baby. Your doctor will tell you if there is anything to worry about.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My 17 week bump and my 20 week bump^^ as you can see one day you will just pop. My bumps were considered big so yours are probably average. I was huge by the end of pregnancy.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM
They come in different sizes. You aren't too small
momamanda
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My first 2 my bumps really stood out. Then my 3rd, was not obvious for a long time. In fact I had someone ask me when I was due 2 weeks before she was born and they were shocked! They thought I was only 6 months. Every pregnancy is different. I also know  a woman who had her first dd without even knowing she was pregnant. Then her second child she didn't know till she was 8 months.

Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'm 15 weeks, haven't gained a pound, and my baby is only noticeable after i eat - i tend to really round out after a good meal! So long as your Dr isn't worried i don't see why you should be, Everyone's body goes through it differently by now with my other 2 EVERYONE knew i growing a baby - or watermelon lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN