Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need help on Supplements

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

What kind of supplement a 35-55 year old (i am shy to tell my age) woman like me should take to improve my lifestyle? IF you are in my situation what supplement you will be looking for?. for example supplement for stamina, energy, sleep, bone health, Hair and Nails, Multivitamins, Menopause, Bone Health, Skin Care, Sex Drive, Stress, Sleep, Brain Health, Aging etc?. I dont wanna go to a doctor I need answers from personal experiences..

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heybooboo
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 35.

I take a B-Complex, Vitamin D3, Biotin and then 5-8 Desecated Liver Tabs (depending on how active I am that day). 

I also makesure to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day, and that is in addition to any other beverages I might consume.  If I have any alcohol, I tend to drink 16 additional ounces of water, per 5 ounces of alcohol.

I have noticed a significant difference, since starting the supplements.  I am more focused, I have better stamina, and definitely more energy.  And I am sleeping better as well.

The Biotin I take for skin health, and that has made a difference as well.

angelgriffin23
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Quoting heybooboo:

I am 35.

I take a B-Complex, Vitamin D3, Biotin and then 5-8 Desecated Liver Tabs (depending on how active I am that day). 

I also makesure to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day, and that is in addition to any other beverages I might consume.  If I have any alcohol, I tend to drink 16 additional ounces of water, per 5 ounces of alcohol.

I have noticed a significant difference, since starting the supplements.  I am more focused, I have better stamina, and definitely more energy.  And I am sleeping better as well.

Hi thank you so much for your comment. when did you started taking this supplements?

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not help, the only thing I take is vit D.  :-(

angelgriffin23
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Quoting -PB:

Hi thanks! Vit. D is great I heard a lot of benifits from it. :)

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM

**No help ...thats what I meant.

Quoting -PB:

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I want to say about 10 months now.  I was taking a multivitamin before then, for years, with really no improvement.

My DH actually started before I did, and he had very dramatic results.  So, I joined him, and about 4-6 weeks later, I started to see pretty dramatic improvements in my overall health as well.  Starting with being more energetic through out the day.

Quoting angelgriffin23:

Quoting heybooboo:

I am 35.

Hi thank you so much for your comment. when did you started taking this supplements?

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I take Kelp, B Complex, magnesium, Omega 3
angelgriffin23
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Quoting a_and_j_momma: I take Kelp, B Complex, magnesium, Omega 3

Thanks!

squeekers
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:29 PM
DH takes a chewable tablet which includes iron. He's48.
demonica29
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Why don't you want to go to a doctor?  Simple blood tests can tell you if you're deficient in anything. I have no crystal ball to glean that information. I recently had five IV iron infusions because I was so anemic. This is like the fifth series of them I've had.in seven years. Finally my doctor said he's going to do one IV every three months to make sure I don't get deficient again. I am also taking 50,000 iu of vitamin D weekly (a prescription dosage) because my level are so low. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the doctor I saw a few weeks ago who took more blood in order to test my hormone levels. 

If you don't know what you're deficient in, you can't get the most benefit from your supplementation. American food is almost completely dead. I have started eating very differently, I've added lots of fermented foods and beverages. Kombucha, kefir, homemade, fermented pickles, sauerkraut and kimchee. I fermented blueberries and garlic in raw honey, in separate jars, LOL.  Fermentation has two main benefits, besides tasting amazing. It makes food very probiotic rich and the fermentation does some of the digestion before we even eat the foods, making the nutrients more bio available. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN