Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

limited pregnancies?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 36 Replies
I was wondering, I was told that you can only go through so many cesereans. Ive had two. Someone said doctors will only allow 3? Has anyone else been told this or had more than 3 cesereans?
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I haven't had c sections, but I know doctors try to limit the number you gave because ofthe risks associated with multiple c sections. Talk to your doctor. Oh, and it also depends on what kind of cut you had and if you had any complications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I know someone that had 5 but the last couple were against doctors orders and very risky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I've had 4 and they weren't happy about the last one but they'd told me after number 3 that it'd be ok.
But then they didn't want to tie my tubes because I was only 25. Grr I told them I'd sign anything, just make sure it got done
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM
One lady almost died after her 5th. She was on the news. I've had one. IF I ever had another kid I'm having a VBAC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I don't think "not allowed" is not the right term because once you have had so many c-sections you HAVE to get them everytime you deliver, right?  If that is the case (and I'm not really sure), then the only way to stop you would be for you to not get pregnant.

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
They can't not allow one once you're pregnant if you medically need one, but after a few, they become very high risk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommajamie2008
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM
After my first I tried a vbac But didnt dialate. I know Ill have to have the c section no matter what. I havent had complications with the surgery and they.cut me horizontally. I want a big family so i was worried they would want to tie me or give me a hysterectamy after my third. It just doesnt seem Fair But I dont want to risk a baby either.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM
It becomes higher risk
mommajamie2008
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Is there anything to do to lower the risk besides not getting pregnant?
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM
A friend of mine has had 5 was told the last one was risking but it was fine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)