Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

If you are doing laundry and have more than a load

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

If you are doing laundry and find you have just too much left to squeeze into the washer, do you run a second small load or save the remaining items until there is enough to fill the washer again?

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I will split the load into 2-3 smaller, even sized loads. My washer cleans better if it's full but not stuffed. 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this solution better than mine! Thank you.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

I will split the load into 2-3 smaller, even sized loads. My washer cleans better if it's full but not stuffed. 

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Just wait for a full load unless there's something in particular I need washed then. I have at least a full load to do every day, so it doesn't take long to make that extra load.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I run smaller loads. If the load is too big, things don't get clean or rinse wrll. I also gave He equipment.
PogoPalOj
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I save until I have a full load.  Around here it doesn't take long.  I am always spilling stuff or falling.

lulumomof2
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

In my old washer I would have said split it and make even sized loads, but last month I got a new washer and dryer set and the washer drum is a TON bigger than my old one, so I would wait until I had more laundry (unless it was something that had to be washed right away)

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

ripemango
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

this is our exact strategy as well. Most days of the week we are doing a load of laundry..clothes, towels, or linens.

Quoting luvemboth: Just wait for a full load unless there's something in particular I need washed then. I have at least a full load to do every day, so it doesn't take long to make that extra load.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I am sorry to hear you fall all the time. I do tend to spill a lot. :) 

Quoting PogoPalOj:

I save until I have a full load.  Around here it doesn't take long.  I am always spilling stuff or falling.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Very nice about your new washer and dryer!  Front or top loading washer?

Quoting lulumomof2:

In my old washer I would have said split it and make even sized loads, but last month I got a new washer and dryer set and the washer drum is a TON bigger than my old one, so I would wait until I had more laundry (unless it was something that had to be washed right away)

lulumomof2
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:28 PM

My mom had a front load and had nothing but problems and then they got a top load and didn't have a problem at all! So we went with the top load 

Quoting Bmat:

Very nice about your new washer and dryer!  Front or top loading washer?

Quoting lulumomof2:

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN