Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you like school?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM
  • 50 Replies

With schools starting all over this month and the beginning of next month it got me thinking about when I was in school and when DH was in school.  I loved school and loved to study and learn and DH went and did what he had to do to get by, lol.  So, what about you?  Did you enjoy school when you were younger?  What was your favorite subject?  Least favorite subject?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Yes, except third and fourth grade. 3rd grade teacher had some issue with me and I was unfairly mistreated and humiliated in her class.
I was excited about starting fresh in fourth grade.., only to get her best friend! I cried so hard after meeting her . And it was the same treatment . I kept my head down, did my work and only answered questions.

Now it would be called a " personality conflict", patents storming the school.
Then, it was my parents saying ( after looking at my work) that I was not making up the problems I was having but to just stick it out, that she would be a " blip" in my life.

Yet, ladies, I can sit here and remember every wrong against me for those two years... BUT I also remember all the RIGHTS that were done by previous and future teachers. Man, they still did an emotional number on me though... Because the kids in my classes followed their example.
teenkabear
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Eeek! I hated every minute of school because I have SAD.  I love learning, though.  English was always my favorite subject regardless.

sissyboogs
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM

I loved school. I was the type of kid who didn't want to stay home when I was sick because I didn't want to miss class. 

My favorites were math, science, and psychology. I liked English too. I didn't care for history or governement/economics. 

My son is going into first grade, and he LOVES school. I'm really hoping he has that attitude throughout his whole school career. My daughter's only 4, so I don't know how she'll be, but right now, talking about going to school next year does not excite her in the least. 

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I liked elementary and secondary school. Art was my favorite. I hated high school. I hated being forced to participate in athletic activities and given an ultimatum for not wanting to dissect animals, etc. In college, I liked psychology. That was about it.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:33 AM

No, I hated it. I got teased and picked on from Kindergarten all the way through high school (didn't matter if we moved, it still happened). I'm also deaf in one ear and partially in the other, and had a hard time hearing well enough to learn the lessons (I didn't have a hearing aide like I do now, and I didn't know sign language--still don't). Back then, there weren't IEPs or 504 plans, so I had no help whatsoever. The whole process of going to school was a miserable experience for me. I can only hope my son has a better experience with it. But I make sure he gets every help available to help (he is special needs).

booaura
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM
I loved learning, but disliked being around people my age. I never fit in and couldn't stand most of them. I love nursing classes, because the majority of my classmates there were mature, driven adults. The general courses were even worse than grade school :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:24 AM

I really liked school. It was easy for me to get good grades, and my main focus was socializing. :-) It was a great time. :-)

blinker612
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM
I'm still on school (college) and I still don't like it. I've just learned to tolerate it more and be more productive and efficient in getting my work done. Lol

mamalynnsmith
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:26 AM
I hated school. Didnt mind the learning part i hated my classmates i was never picked on or anything i just prefered older people. I got voted shyist person in my class went and talked to the teacher told her i am not shy i just can not stand the rest of my class and i have nothing to say to them . She laughed and took my name off of being the shyist
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I loved school when I was homeschooled. When I started public school at first I was just bored but every year I got at least one teacher that made my life miserable. Not with schoolwork but with things they would say to me, comments they would tell other people, etc. I dreaded school and started doing poorly. If I could go back and re-do it I would since it was my fault for letting my miserableness affect my schoolwork and I wish I hadn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)