• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom and grandma always had a big Sunday meal

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

But I like to relax on Sundays, so we have something very simple. Do you have a tradition about Sunday meals?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harmony7
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have carried on the Sunday tradition....I just cleaned up from feeding lunch to 10.

Chicken casserole, fried squash, peas, sliced tomatoes, cantalope and carrot cake for desert.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Not me.  We did go to my grandma's most Sundays to eat.  I would say 1 to 2 Sunday's a month at least. 

TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandmother always cooked a big Sunday meal for lunch after church. It was a tradition for us to go over to her house and eat and visit.  I miss it so much- she has now passed on.  It was so good because she was a excellent cook.  I however do not cook a big meal on Sundays because I like to relax as much as I can and with church I do not have alot of time to spend in the kitchen on Sundays. We usually end up eating out for lunch after church on Sunday.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We didn't. One was not in the best of health so didn't do big meals except with help on holidays. The other one figured it was her day to rest as well!
awbredux
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandmother had a big Sunday meal.  My mom served lunch when we got home from church and dinner that night, like every other night.  That's how we usually do it now, too.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We go to my in laws. Dinner every Sunday. Tradition I plan on carry on.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We always had roast lunch after church. I don't do it myself but we often go to my parents who still do it
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good to me. :)

Quoting Mom2Just1: We go to my in laws. Dinner every Sunday. Tradition I plan on carry on.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM

My mom fixed lunch until recently when she had problems with falling. Then I took over the cooking and carried the meal to her place. :)

Quoting CrossStitchMum: We always had roast lunch after church. I don't do it myself but we often go to my parents who still do it

strictmomhere
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My inlaws cook us s nice meal on Sundays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)