• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ahh! She's started her period!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 51 Replies
My daughter just told me she started her period for the first time today. I am going to run up to the store and get her some pads and some tampons. She is two months shy of turning 12 so I am only going to let her use the tampons at the pool for now. But I have no idea what to get her. I HATE wearing pads so I have not worn one in years!
Which one should I get? I really don't want to get any that are really long and I can never tell when they are packaged up.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Always regular with wings. Lol. They were the only ones that worked for me when I was 10. That way it wont slide or not stick. Good luck momma.
beans13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Maybe get some of the thin kind. It is the overnights that are really long.
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM

It really depends on how heavy her periods are. I like Stayfree pads because they hae a variety of absorbency levels.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, I feel so stupid asking. But I really just have no clue.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy: Always regular with wings. Lol. They were the only ones that worked for me when I was 10. That way it wont slide or not stick. Good luck momma.
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Kotex makes a tween set of pads that come in slightly smaller sizes, and are nice and thin. Both my 18 and 12yo wear those. The box is black, with bright colors on it.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM
So far it seems light. I will check those out

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

It really depends on how heavy her periods are. I like Stayfree pads because they hae a variety of absorbency levels.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Dont feel stupid. Its been over 10 years since I've bought pads. I just remember struggling with those dang things and those being the only ones that worked for me. Im dreading this day with my daughter.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Thanks, I feel so stupid asking. But I really just have no clue.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy: Always regular with wings. Lol. They were the only ones that worked for me when I was 10. That way it wont slide or not stick. Good luck momma.
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Oh, I was, too! I knew it was coming, I mean she's almost 12. But I was really hoping it would stay away a little longer. It's been so long I barely remember what it was like when I was her age. This is new territory for me.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy: Dont feel stupid. Its been over 10 years since I've bought pads. I just remember struggling with those dang things and those being the only ones that worked for me. Im dreading this day with my daughter.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Thanks, I feel so stupid asking. But I really just have no clue.

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

You're welcome. Always glad to help. 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)