Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: I am a single mom who doesn t get child...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am a single mom who doesn't get child support. I have a full time job now but looking to do a part-time job from home. Anyone have advice on what to do for an online job?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
A lot of at home stuff is scams. So you really have to be careful.
lissa21183
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Yeah that's what I'm worried about! 

strictmomhere
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Maybe survey sites
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myblessingsrjoy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Be careful but there are some good ones out there too. I recently started working at home and love the company I work for.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Maybe get a certificate in medical transcription and do that from home
lissa21183
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Can you tell me what company and what exactly you do? 

Quoting myblessingsrjoy:

Be careful but there are some good ones out there too. I recently started working at home and love the company I work for.

Moxiesbuddy
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi lissa. I'm sorry you have to be in this position, but it sounds like you're making the most of it. As you explore your options and the things you're interested in, you might want to check out books like _Making Money from Home: How to Run a Successful Home-Based Business_. There are probably other online forums and blogs where moms are discussing this and can vouch for reliable companies and opportunities. I wish you all the best.

Moxiesbuddy

amygirl411
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to do inboxdollars, downside is that can feel like it takes forever to earn enough ($50) to get a check .... otherwise, I'd recommend making things and selling them on etsy .... or perhaps going thru the things you already have that you don't need and selling them on eBay or craigslist til you find something else to do? Just a thought :)

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

No advice for a job but I certainly would contact a lawyer. If you don't have the money for one go to the FOC in your state and they will be your advocate for free. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)