• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One and done club.....

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have chosen to have one child.....

Anyone else out there one and done.....

If so what are your reasons?

For me my lifestyle is very active, I had (at the time) a Harley and liked to go on dice runs once a weekend or so, now my new hubby travels the country for his work, we also do tons of solo things. I get my dd on shared custody so it works out perfectly, we both split the responsibility down the line.......

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I have three kids but one of my sisters only has one son and they don't plan on having anymore.  They just felt it was best for their family. 

booaura
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I have three and two on the way, so not me, obviously. I have both friends and family that are in the one and done. Some lifestyle, and some just didn't want more. I know one of my best friends says she loves her daughter but doesn't like kids and doesn't want to do more baby stuff. She is a terrific mother, but one child is her max.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomtoAlexis05
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:50 PM

That's me, so a yr after she was born , decided to have a tubal and a few yrs later a total hysterctomy for health reasons. i just could never Ever imagine myself w/ two children. Guess it's different for everyone. I totally think God gave me precancerous cells to cover my cervix for a reason (he knew I could only handle  one) lol I'm ok now though, all pre cancer cells removed. phew!! :D

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I have three kids but one of my sisters only has one son and they don't plan on having anymore.  They just felt it was best for their family. 

MomtoAlexis05
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I'm just like your friend by the sounds of it, fine w/ one and only one. Some of my friends don't even want to have kids, even my married friends. They treat their animals as kids it seems to me, lol!?!

Quoting booaura: I have three and two on the way, so not me, obviously. I have both friends and family that are in the one and done. Some lifestyle, and some just didn't want more. I know one of my best friends says she loves her daughter but doesn't like kids and doesn't want to do more baby stuff. She is a terrific mother, but one child is her max.

booaura
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:53 PM
I have friends like that too, that have no interest in being parents. I've volunteered my kids for them to watch, when they wanted to, all it did was confirm they DON'T want kids. It isn't for everyone :)

Quoting MomtoAlexis05:

I'm just like your friend by the sounds of it, fine w/ one and only one. Some of my friends don't even want to have kids, even my married friends. They treat their animals as kids it seems to me, lol!?!

Quoting booaura: I have three and two on the way, so not me, obviously. I have both friends and family that are in the one and done. Some lifestyle, and some just didn't want more. I know one of my best friends says she loves her daughter but doesn't like kids and doesn't want to do more baby stuff. She is a terrific mother, but one child is her max.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katydid150
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I'm a one and done. With our finances and personalities, two would have been too much. We have DH in a SAHD role, for a variety of reasons, I can support three fine, more would be too much. 

newbieann
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:20 AM
If it works for you, that's all that matters. I am the only child, and I dislike it. Plus, I don't only want my son to have to take care of hubby and I when we get older. Too much to handle.
MomtoAlexis05
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM

My dd's dad and I are divorced so Idk , let him end up in a nursing home, i'm sure she'll come to visit, i don't expect her to take care of him or me, know what I mean. I agree, it's all about what you want, what you want outta life. I'm an only child too. Do you have any step siblings. Amazingly my mom and dad both got remarried, and remarried again and again (for my dad) and still no siblings lol!

Quoting newbieann: If it works for you, that's all that matters. I am the only child, and I dislike it. Plus, I don't only want my son to have to take care of hubby and I when we get older. Too much to handle.

blinker612
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:36 AM
I honestly don't think I'll have anymore after this one.
I am an only child and I like it. My dad and I have really been able to bond and do all sorts of cool vacations that I'd imagine we wouldn't have gotten the chance to do had I had any siblings.

And as for myself... I can't stand being pregnant. I'm having what is considered an extremely easy pregnancy and I'm loosing my mind. I have no pain tolerance and almost no tolerance for being uncomfortable. I'm sure there are woman who have horrible pregnancies that bitch less than I do. I'm just not cut out for this.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:03 PM

That is great about getting rid of the pre-cancer cells! 

Quoting MomtoAlexis05:

That's me, so a yr after she was born , decided to have a tubal and a few yrs later a total hysterctomy for health reasons. i just could never Ever imagine myself w/ two children. Guess it's different for everyone. I totally think God gave me precancerous cells to cover my cervix for a reason (he knew I could only handle  one) lol I'm ok now though, all pre cancer cells removed. phew!! :D

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)