Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Where does your dog sleep?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM
  • 180 Replies

Our first dog we had after we got married was DH's dog before we met and she slept on her dog bed in our bedroom.  Our next four dogs have all been crate trained by us and slept in their dog cages which they have loved and think of as home.  Then we got a chihuaha from a rescue and she was used to sleeping on beds so she slept at the foot of our bed.  Now we have the new puppy and are deciding if we want to crate train him, let him sleep with us or get him a bed and see if he will sleep there, lol.  So, I thought I would ask, where do your dogs sleep?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alt075
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM
In a crate. He loves his crate.: )
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM
He either sleeps beside our bed or in the hallway between our room and ds's.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM
In our bed or with the boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lonelymoon
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM
At the foot of our bed
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM

On the floor in my 1.5 year old room. She leaves his side just long enough to go outside to potty.

xXBonneMamanXx
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We have 2, a Boxer named Rocky and a Lab named Zeus. Zeus used to sleep w us on the bed until we had kids. Now he sleeps next to my son every night beside his crib. Rocky we got when DS was 3 months old so Zeus taught him that his job is to be with the kids. He sleeps next to my daughter's crib. 

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM
One tries her hardest to sleep in bed. She's eather by my feet or next to the bed.
The other one sleeps on the floor in someone's bedroom.

The puppy sleeps in her crate. Last night was her first night in there and she let us know most of the night that she was not happy about it. LOL. DH unexpectedly brought her home Friday and she slept in a laundry basket next to the bed the first two nights but now the crate is in the house and she needs to sleep in there.
I always crate trained until I felt they could handle not chewing, going in the house,tearing up the house,ect usually around 2 we ditch the crate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM

On and around our bed. They are all very well trained and have the run of the house.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Our dog loves his crate, and goes in to sleep there whenever he wants solitude.

Other times during the day he will lay on the kitchen floor, in my recliner, on the front room rug, on his afghan in my office, or under my desk.

During the night he sleeps on his blanket, on the floor of our bedroom. When hubby gets up for work he jumps into bed to snuggle with me. 

MomtoAlexis05
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

yo~caryn terrier (toto from wiz of oz) and a chi, both sleep in bed.

Idk if I'd let a puppy sleep in the bed, mb too wild, plus will become a habit when older. You have to ask yourself if you want the dog sleeping w/ you when it's older. I would mb crate train since it's something you've got exp with. ;)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Our first dog we had after we got married was DH's dog before we met and she slept on her dog bed in our bedroom.  Our next four dogs have all been crate trained by us and slept in their dog cages which they have loved and think of as home.  Then we got a chihuaha from a rescue and she was used to sleeping on beds so she slept at the foot of our bed.  Now we have the new puppy and are deciding if we want to crate train him, let him sleep with us or get him a bed and see if he will sleep there, lol.  So, I thought I would ask, where do your dogs sleep?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN