Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Trying to forget old friend

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
I was friends with "Shelly" since kindergarten which makes it 25 years.One day after my wedding Shelly asked my husband what he thought of her boyfriend(keep in mind this guy had a reputation as someone who was possibly having incest with his teenage daughter and Shelly even found his daughters underware in his bed)my husband said he thought the guy was a snob.He didn't say anything else and after that she got mad at my husband and me and ended our long friendship and no matter how I've tried to get her to talk to me about this she won't .She will say hi or wave if she sees me but that's it this has home on for 5 years and it still hurts and I need to know how to just turn cold to the feelings.
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KimmyShaw
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

as long as she is with him she probably will stay away...

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Why would she be mad at you for something your husband said? That's a little petty...

But seriously gross if she's sleeping with his daughter. Yuck.
Cindy731
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM
She's not been with him for 3 years and hasn't changed.She's engaged to someone else and I've congratulated her and it didn't matter.
Bleacheddecay
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

*hugs*

KenneMaw
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Is Shelly still with this fellow or did she find someone new?  If she is still with him, then I don't know if there is much you can do, but if they broke up, I think you could try to talk to her.  She asked for a honest opinion and he gave her one.   Are you sure that is all he said or that is all the cold shoulder is about?  Could she think you are mad at her?

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM
I would focus on your other friends
Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly you don't want any part of that mess. But I understand, letting go of a close friendship is hard. 

My friends, or I thought they were, moved out West (we live on East coast). First it was J she moved out there, then she kept in touch with S & while J was gone S & I were close, hanging out etc. Then S followed her out there, once she did that nobody contacted me, ever again. 

It was hard, not the same thing as your going through I went through emotions of thinking something was wrong with me etc. I'm sure your going through different emotions then I was. But still I get it. Honestly not certain when I finally got over it. This was 6 -7 years ago & I still have both as friends on facebook, I like to see the updates they post, I'm sure they forgot they even friended me honestly. 

It hurts, but with anything it takes time. Maybe make new friends? Remember that people grow apart, that is just natural. Not all friendships last forever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)