Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Help!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

What are some things you can do in November to ease the holiday stress in December? Anyone have any unique/fresh ideas that will help save time, money and your sanity for the holidays? I'm working on an article and would love to include real-mom tips. 

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I shop all year for christmas.  This year I am very thankful because I am due with our third October 1.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

my4kids274
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I will make bigger meals so that I can freeze the leftovers.  For example.  I will make meatloaf one night.  Normally I will use 1 lb of ground beef for one meatloaf.  I will use 2 lbs and make to meatloafs and freeze one of them.  That way I have another meal made for a night that I have other things to do to get ready for the holidays. 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I recently read on CafeMom of a mom who makes all of her side dishes ahead of time and freezes them.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM

We visit family out of state so its just the stress of driving.  We don't cook or have any other stress during the holidays. 

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I don't wait until last min to shop and start planning the meals with emails to the family with who signs up for what
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Nothing too interesting here, I just try to not wait until the last minute to do everything.

NOLAdy
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM
It's not stressful for me. I enjoy cooking, and I like the festive mood. My In-Laws usually get together at BIL's house and everyone brings their own dish for Thanksgiving. We help do dishes and a general clean up once everything has settled down. My mom usually cooks for our family, but I help out.
Christmas at the In-Laws is mostly for the kids, so we order pizza and just enjoy their excitment. It's equally as laid back at my parents house. They'll often cook a roast or something, and we'll make sandwiches with that, or have it with some sides.
In-Laws are about 40 min. away, and everyones married off on both sides, so it's common that one group pick a alternate day to celebrate, or we just swing by before or after the other. We see each other often so it's not a big deal spend more time with one or the other. Christmas Eve is usually with the In-Laws, and we'll take it easy on Christmas day swinging by my parents house sometime in the afternoon. There's never any hard feelings if things work out differently.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:43 AM

No tips here I don't have holiday stress thankfully. I just do what I want lol. Idk.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)