Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What place in Canada or the US would you warn against?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM
  • 14 Replies

Although I'd like to see more of both countries, if there is a place that isn't hospitable or pleasant to visit, I'd like to avoid it.

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I love to travel. I have had mostly great experiences where I have been. I live in Boston, Ma. I have seen most of New England. I haven't really had any bad experiences. I know what part of the city not to go in. I think Where you have to be really careful is Big Cities. They all seem to have areas that you wouldn't want to go to.

In Philly a few years back I walked into a CVS with my son. There was armed security wearing Kevlar vests. That made me uncomfortable. The people working there were extremely nice.

I had a bad experience in Sedona, Az. Mostly my own fault.I am to naive Saw a girl walking a dusk away from a car on side of the road. I asked DH to back up and offer her a ride. We asked did you break down she said yes. We offered her a ride.Then she said NO she didn't own that car. Then refused to get pout of our car when dh stopped and asked her too.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Good point about the cities. Our GPS took us, by mistake, repeated through a very rough area of a city we were trying to get out of, about 4 times. :(

That is a shame about the girl. :(

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I love to travel. I have had mostly great experiences where I have been. I live in Boston, Ma. I have seen most of New England. I haven't really had any bad experiences. I know what part of the city not to go in. I think Where you have to be really careful is Big Cities. They all seem to have areas that you wouldn't want to go to.

In Philly a few years back I walked into a CVS with my son. There was armed security wearing Kevlar vests. That made me uncomfortable. The people working there were extremely nice.

I had a bad experience in Sedona, Az. Mostly my own fault.I am to naive Saw a girl walking a dusk away from a car on side of the road. I asked DH to back up and offer her a ride. We asked did you break down she said yes. We offered her a ride.Then she said NO she didn't own that car. Then refused to get pout of our car when dh stopped and asked her too.

butzi
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I had an interesting experience at a Walgreen s in Philly. Went in with a squirmy, potty dancing 3yr old. I asked the manager if they had a public restroom. He said it wasn't public, but we could use it. He told me to ask the guy at the photography counter to get the key. I waited in line, when it was finally my turn, he told me no. I told him the manager said it was okay. He still said no. By this time it was becoming an emergency. The manager finally yelled across the store "Hey,et the lite girl go potty!" We just made it in the nick of time!!!
Emycf
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Spokane, WA. It has nothing to recommend it.
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Oh no! Poor little tyke!

Quoting butzi: I had an interesting experience at a Walgreen s in Philly. Went in with a squirmy, potty dancing 3yr old. I asked the manager if they had a public restroom. He said it wasn't public, but we could use it. He told me to ask the guy at the photography counter to get the key. I waited in line, when it was finally my turn, he told me no. I told him the manager said it was okay. He still said no. By this time it was becoming an emergency. The manager finally yelled across the store "Hey,et the lite girl go potty!" We just made it in the nick of time!!!

butzi
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
To be clear, I am not holding the city of Philadelphia accountable for this... It is a great city with many cool historic cultural and kid friendly things to see. :)

Quoting Bmat:

Oh no! Poor little tyke!

Quoting butzi: I had an interesting experience at a Walgreen s in Philly. Went in with a squirmy, potty dancing 3yr old. I asked the manager if they had a public restroom. He said it wasn't public, but we could use it. He told me to ask the guy at the photography counter to get the key. I waited in line, when it was finally my turn, he told me no. I told him the manager said it was okay. He still said no. By this time it was becoming an emergency. The manager finally yelled across the store "Hey,et the lite girl go potty!" We just made it in the nick of time!!!

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I think all cities have pockets of good and bad. I haven't stayed somewhere that I wouldn't again. I can't say I would want to go stay somewhere in Compton or something lol
butzi
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Toronto, Key Largo and San Diego
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Why not San Diego? It has been a long time since I was there, but I remember enjoying it. We went mainly to historical areas though.

Quoting butzi: Toronto, Key Largo and San Diego

butzi
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I brain farted, I meant those are all fabulous places to visit! Tons to do in all three.

Quoting Bmat:

Why not San Diego? It has been a long time since I was there, but I remember enjoying it. We went mainly to historical areas though.

Quoting butzi: Toronto, Key Largo and San Diego

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)