Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Missed supervised visitation

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

My 6 year old's biological father has been in and out of his life. Right now there are 3 supervised visits until we go to court. He has missed the second one, which was today. My husband has pretty much been his father so I don't think my son seems to care about his real dad being in and out of the picture. I know it will probably catch up with him later and I'm of course extremely concerned. His dad didn't contact him for 10 months and there were only 3 supervised visits for one hour. Today was the second one and he cancelled at the last minute. I feel like if he really wanted to see him then he would have made it happen. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know how bad this is going to look when we go to court? My husband is willing to adopt him, but his father isn't willing to do that. I'm not sure why.....like I said, he will go months with no contact. But does anyone know how bad this is going to look when the judge sees that he cancelled his second supervised visit when there is only 3 of them?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tlynn28
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
The judge will probably look at as he doesn't care to see his son. I would tell your lawyer and the judge you want all his rights terminated so your dh can adopt him. It will probably go in your favor.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:53 AM

I am not sure but wish you luck

Scarpetta71
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:34 AM

I agree with you 100% but I guess to the court it will depend on his reason and how he can back it up.  It makes me so upset when little children/ or big are messed about like that .. poor lad, I hope it works out for you all. 

s.mom4real
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:41 AM

It will depend WHY he canceled. was he sick? work wouldnt let him off?

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:44 AM
Yep, this. If the man has a good enough excuse the judge will most likely see it as he's trying and will continue the visits instead of letting your husband adopt him.
Sorry. I am in a similar situation, but we're not considering going back to court to have DH adopt dd. It's not worth the time for us.

Quoting s.mom4real:

It will depend WHY he canceled. was he sick? work wouldnt let him off?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharonda7700
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Remember God cares about all of us so what ever happens just pray

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM
My hubby wants to adopt my girls he is there daddy but there bio will not give up his rights hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Is your ex paying child suport? As for the court it depends on the judge and your ex's track record. What was his reason for not seeing the baby for 10 months? If you ex doesn't start doing what he needs to the decision about his seeing his kid may be taken out of his hands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN