Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Red dyes

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi

Does anyone know what has red dyes I it like with kook aids , foods etc? My 2 year old sons temper is bad  I'm notvsure what could be triggering them. He wasn't this bad until he started daycare.. Comments are welcomed thx

Dazzle time
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I'm sure red dye is in lots of prepackaged foods. If diet is your concern you should try cutting out all processed foods.

Avarah
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:41 PM
You're going to have to read labels and learn the different words manufacturers use to hide food additives in the list of ingredients.

This is an awesome, easy to read, article on 7 types of food additives. I'm sorry I can't make it clicky. There are 5 pages, but each page is mostly ads. http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-truth-about-seven-common-food-additives?page=1

For your son's issues, focus on food coloring and sodium benzoate. I won't kid you, it's really hard to keep on top of it. It's easier to just buy non-processed foods than to try to translate all the chemical names, but that's a fight you've got to be willing to take on.

Good luck, mama!
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Read labels is in alot of stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Could it just be the adjustments of daycare? Lots of new behaviors are introduced and few can speak their emotions yet, it carries over to home.
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG ... are you INSANE??? You cannot use common sense on CM! You know it is ALWAYS the chemicals that force kids to misbehave. Thinking that it could just be normal is just wrong. 

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Could it just be the adjustments of daycare? Lots of new behaviors are introduced and few can speak their emotions yet, it carries over to home.

DisabledVet
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Every product has they type of dyes listed. There are too many to list.  It's a good idea to avoid all artificial colors.

Most kids have tempers at 2, may just be normal. You might want to look at some sites that give moms of 2 year olds support. 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
:-) I forgot myself, you are correct . It is never typical behavior.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

OMG ... are you INSANE??? You cannot use common sense on CM! You know it is ALWAYS the chemicals that force kids to misbehave. Thinking that it could just be normal is just wrong. 

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Could it just be the adjustments of daycare? Lots of new behaviors are introduced and few can speak their emotions yet, it carries over to home.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Here is a group at CM:

Quoting DisabledVet:

Every product has they type of dyes listed. There are too many to list.  It's a good idea to avoid all artificial colors.

Most kids have tempers at 2, may just be normal. You might want to look at some sites that give moms of 2 year olds support. 

Jade_Lynn
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL, I left this post but came back quickly because as it was leaving page I noticed your " are you insane???" Comment, couldn't figure out why someone would jump her shit for her commemt... lol... ok, now I'm going.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: :-) I forgot myself, you are correct . It is never typical behavior.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Both of my girls react to red dye. My oldest worse than my youngest. It certainly couldn't hurt to cut it out of his diet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN