Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is it possible to fit 3 carseats in the back of a mini van?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

The kids are all 3 and 4 years old.  Are there car seats that will fit in the back seat of a 2010 Honda Odyssey?

by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaWiggins
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I'm having this issue too except I have a car so I have no middle row. They say if u have a 3 row mini van or SUV, the middle row is the safest, so try to put as many kids in there as u can and maybe 1 in the back? Also, research carseat brands bc there is one brand (can't remember which one) that makes them much slimmer for this exact reason.
Rhodin
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Boosters tend to be narrower than regular carseats, but you probably can't get away with a backless booster unless your 4 year old is a future basketball player. Also, you might need to install more tether anchors.

An idea that might work is a travel vest. It's a vest that positions a seatbelt like a booster and has a strap that attaches to the tether point to keep your kid upright. It's also only about as wide as your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM
It might be possible, but it really depends on the type of seat. Some are wider than others.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM
You be able to in the 3rd row
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
It will depend on the combination of seats, I would go to toysrus/babiesrus and try some different combinations. Belt positioning boosters aren't safe at this age.

I have done several combinations across the back of my nissan quest
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Absolutely! Maybe not with the seats you have currently, but it is definitely possible with many seats.  Radian's (expensive) are very narrow and are awesome seats.  And the harness weights on them are very high.  Evenflo also makes a seat that is pretty narrow (and obviously not as expensive) but I can't remember which one it is.  There is a Costco HBB that is also relatively narrow if the 4 year old is in a booster yet.

mamatink7
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM

most definitely. i have done it plenty of times. graco boosters. if you have to place all 3 in the back row, you are able to. but i suggest splitting and putting 2 in middle row and one in middle of back (perhaps be issue to get older kiddos in that way though)

good luck

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Absolutely you just need to find the right combo. Car seat moms, the group in my sig can help.  :)

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Absolutely you just need to find the right combo. Car seat moms, the group in my sig can help.  :)

I don't see "sigs" but I will check the group out, thanks!

katiebug840204
by Katie on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:27 AM
I have a honda odyssey and it depends on how big the car seats are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)