Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I found mold in my home...renting!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

I am pregnant w/ our 4th baby, due end of the year and have 3 small children. We are renting a house we love, and planned to buy, but have discovered some plumbing issues. Turns out pipes burst in this home over the winter before we moved in, & was left for a few months. Plumber just came for another leak & they had to remove a part of our wall. I see there is mold here. This mold could obviously be everywhere right? Even if we don't see it visible through the walls. Of course I'm going to tell our landlord but if they aren't proactive is this something I should break my lease over & get out ASAP? Or am I just panicking? Thank you!
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tlynn28
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I would be concerned about it. The landlord needs to have someone come in and find where all the mold is and have it cleaned up. If they don't than yes I would terminate the lease
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM

First contact them and see what they say.

If they refuse to do anythign call the health departement.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Call the landlord first, don't panic. They will probably take care of it, although most insurances don't cover mold anymore.

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I am almost positive the landlord has no choice but to get rid of it and make certian there is no more in the walls around the same area. If they refuse, I wwould contact an lawyer ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Not all mold is a giant problem. Don't panic, call the landlord.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I would call the landlord, then if they don't respond send a certified letter and call the health department. It can be cleaned up and the house made healthy again but it does need to be addressed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN