Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you ever dated anybody you worked with?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM
  • 351 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am watching Mystery Diners on tv and there is this situation in a resturaunt where two of the servers used to date and broke up and now there is all this bad stuff going on at work because of the bitterness.  Now on the other hand DH and I met at work and there were never any issues(or bosses new and were so happy for us and attended our wedding, lol).  So, have you ever dated anybody you worked with?  How did it work out for you?

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM

My husband used to be my manager at a kiosk in the mall - before we were married.  We already knew each other very well before we started working there but began dating after.  The issues came when he got a new job and I was promoted because I had been there the longest next to him, the next lower down employee was hired a year after me and quite frankly sucked at the job.  However he was in his 40's and I was 19 so he felt that he 'deserved' the job because of his age.  When I was promoted he demanded a raise or else he was going to tell them that I slept my way into the promotion.  I should have said 'go ahead' because he couldn't prove we were a couple and because I wasn't even sleeping with my guy then, but, being so young I was also slightly stupid and naive so I gave him the damn raise.  Yeah, I don't recommend dating co-workers lol

djamommyoftwo
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Glad everything turned out well for you! I met my dh at work too. Employer wasn't happy about it, but dh has a better job now and I'm a Sahm. We couldn't be happier together (:
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Yes twice. But it was not awkward when we broke up, either time. A little weird getting back into the normal routine , but both ended on good terms so it wasn't difficult to " get back to business"
Emycf
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Met dh at work. 11 years later we haven't killed each other or caused any office drama. We even met at one job, then he moved to a different company and then I ended up working there as well. Used him as a reference to get the new job.
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:32 AM

My DH and I work together...His parents and one of his Aunts also work for the company lol. 

amichelle28
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:37 AM
I slept with my boss dumb I know then a week later he was "back with" his bm that he had conveniently broken up with. Crazy girl called me at work all night during my shift until I finally just walked out. I was young and dumb but I definitely learned a lesson.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
No, I have not. I've always been too worried to mix the two
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Actually, when I was 18 I dated the assistant manager of the restaurant I worked at.  Very briefly.  Then I dated a guy that worked there too, just a couple months.  THEN, when I was 19 I started dating dh that worked there.  He was 18. 

tlynn28
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I did once but it wasn't a actual relationship. More as a booty call type thing so it didn't really affect anything at work. I could really care less if co workers date as long as it doesn't cause problems. I know some employers are against it but what can you do. Plus I feel like what you do outside of work is none of the employers business.
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have. and I married him. :)   Happily married. An advantage of dating a co-worker is that you can find out a lot about him without it seeming that you are interested in dating him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)